10/12/2019 2:54:42 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Does anyone know the race results yet?
Does anyone know the race results yet?
10/12/2019 6:26:07 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Race results for boys 3000m are MAJORLY wrong. Someone needs to check on this. Asap
Race results for boys 3000m are MAJORLY wrong. Someone needs to check on this. Asap
10/13/2019 12:34:20 AM
Power User
I noticed a few times for the boys HS that are off. While a lot of the results look right, here are a couple examples where something is clearly off. Not sure the chips could get false reads to cause these types of gaps, so it seems a bit odd. 1) The results indicate a 2.5 second gap between 1st and 2nd place high school boys, but the video shows approximately 8 seconds between Matthew Hauser and Jonah Mitchell. 2) With Rock Bridge boys finishing 5 runners in a row within 2.6 seconds (12th-16th place) I definitely wanted to see that on the video (1:15 mark). The results show the first two of those runners only .5 seconds apart, but the video shows more like 3 seconds apart. Link to finish line video... [url=https://youtu.be/Nsp3secn1-w]20191012 Fast Cats Classic HS Boys 5K 6[/url]
I noticed a few times for the boys HS that are off. While a lot of the results look right, here are a couple examples where something is clearly off. Not sure the chips could get false reads to cause these types of gaps, so it seems a bit odd.

1) The results indicate a 2.5 second gap between 1st and 2nd place high school boys, but the video shows approximately 8 seconds between Matthew Hauser and Jonah Mitchell.

2) With Rock Bridge boys finishing 5 runners in a row within 2.6 seconds (12th-16th place) I definitely wanted to see that on the video (1:15 mark). The results show the first two of those runners only .5 seconds apart, but the video shows more like 3 seconds apart.

Link to finish line video...

20191012 Fast Cats Classic HS Boys 5K 6
10/13/2019 12:57:56 AM
Power User
After another look, it appears that the time recorded for 2nd place Mitchell is off by 5 seconds. The results show he is about 5 seconds too close to first place (Hauser) and about 5 seconds to far ahead of third place (Chase Atkins). Maybe a chip miss and a manual time was plugged in?
After another look, it appears that the time recorded for 2nd place Mitchell is off by 5 seconds. The results show he is about 5 seconds too close to first place (Hauser) and about 5 seconds to far ahead of third place (Chase Atkins).

Maybe a chip miss and a manual time was plugged in?
10/14/2019 6:00:41 PM
User
I run the timing company and yes a few chips did not read. We strive to provide accurate results/times to reflect the hard work the teams put in. However, sometimes technology doesn't play along. It was a fantastic day for cross country. Every bib has two chips, one primary and a backup. The middle school boys results were fixed. I uploaded the wrong file. Totally my mistake. The biggest issue was that several coaches stood at the finish line with bibs/chips in their pockets for runners that scratched. The RFID system reads 4-6 degrees down from the antennas and straight out at the sides from the finish line and the crew that was working that day was having to remove those runners. After it's all said and done, hosts - Kentucky Wesleyan, Daviess County High School, and everyone involved put on a heck of a meet.
I run the timing company and yes a few chips did not read. We strive to provide accurate results/times to reflect the hard work the teams put in. However, sometimes technology doesn't play along. It was a fantastic day for cross country. Every bib has two chips, one primary and a backup.

The middle school boys results were fixed. I uploaded the wrong file. Totally my mistake.

The biggest issue was that several coaches stood at the finish line with bibs/chips in their pockets for runners that scratched. The RFID system reads 4-6 degrees down from the antennas and straight out at the sides from the finish line and the crew that was working that day was having to remove those runners.

After it's all said and done, hosts - Kentucky Wesleyan, Daviess County High School, and everyone involved put on a heck of a meet.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.