Middle school and elementary
10/03/2016 7:51:09 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Over the lasts few years I have heard and discussed the youth state meet at masterstation park in Lexington. The finish is so hard to watch and follow I can't seem to wrap my head around why it is the way it is. Exspecially when Henry Clay and Tates Creek seem to do such a great job with their course layout. Does anyone share this concern or am I just late to this discussion ?
Over the lasts few years I have heard and discussed the youth state meet at masterstation park in Lexington. The finish is so hard to watch and follow I can't seem to wrap my head around why it is the way it is. Exspecially when Henry Clay and Tates Creek seem to do such a great job with their course layout. Does anyone share this concern or am I just late to this discussion ?
10/11/2016 9:35:48 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Never been to either of those courses but I truly doubt that HC or TC could handle the kind of traffic MOC brings. I do know last year at the Coaches National at Master Station the course and finish were changed from years past and it seem to work well. Unsure how it will work with the number of runners and spectators that MOC draws. I have been hearing rumors that the MOC course will be changed this year to help that problem. If someone that knows more would kindly chime in on that subject it would be appreciated.
Never been to either of those courses but I truly doubt that HC or TC could handle the kind of traffic MOC brings. I do know last year at the Coaches National at Master Station the course and finish were changed from years past and it seem to work well. Unsure how it will work with the number of runners and spectators that MOC draws. I have been hearing rumors that the MOC course will be changed this year to help that problem. If someone that knows more would kindly chime in on that subject it would be appreciated.
10/14/2016 2:37:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
From the MOC page.. just missed the first read. Course: The course is exactly like last year’s course. The start will be at the new steeplechase water jump. Runners will go from the start diagonally out to the front soccer fields. Schedule of Events
From the MOC page.. just missed the first read.

Course: The course is exactly like last year's course. The start will be at the new steeplechase water jump. Runners will go from the start diagonally out to the front soccer fields.
Schedule of Events
10/19/2016 3:04:30 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Tridad7436 Note: Email with new course maps was sent out today. Finish is now right next to the start. It uses much of the previous course, and parts of the older course.
@Tridad7436

Note: Email with new course maps was sent out today. Finish is now right next to the start. It uses much of the previous course, and parts of the older course.
10/19/2016 10:58:07 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
The course that is on the map is VERY close to the Tates Creek and Henry Clay meets.
The course that is on the map is VERY close to the Tates Creek and Henry Clay meets.
10/20/2016 11:37:29 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
After that map being linked, I'd just like to confirm if they will finish the "old way" in the pavilion or a "new way" in the main field. That's a pretty big change to not mention specifically in the final information that was emailed.
After that map being linked, I'd just like to confirm if they will finish the "old way" in the pavilion or a "new way" in the main field. That's a pretty big change to not mention specifically in the final information that was emailed.
10/20/2016 10:42:45 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@alltrax You might call the finish the "old, old" way. This finish is pretty close to where the finish used to be back when the start was down in what is now the dog park. Start and finish are super close. My only concern is that tent city has lost some space plus you will have a lot of folks crowding around the finish, I suspect that area is going to get very congested. We literally had to set up our tent in the gravel road last year, there was no grassy spots left.
@alltrax

You might call the finish the "old, old" way. This finish is pretty close to where the finish used to be back when the start was down in what is now the dog park. Start and finish are super close.

My only concern is that tent city has lost some space plus you will have a lot of folks crowding around the finish, I suspect that area is going to get very congested. We literally had to set up our tent in the gravel road last year, there was no grassy spots left.
10/21/2016 9:08:25 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Forgive my ignorance about Tates Creek and Henry Clay meets. It will be crowed but hopefully this will help the bottle neck in and out of the arena and allow those who don't get around so well to see more of the race. Good luck all.
Forgive my ignorance about Tates Creek and Henry Clay meets. It will be crowed but hopefully this will help the bottle neck in and out of the arena and allow those who don't get around so well to see more of the race. Good luck all.
10/21/2016 4:30:58 PM
Power User
I used the master map to outline the individual courses for my teams. I thought I would share with all. I have triple checked my work, so these should be correct. [url=http://cache.milesplit.com/user_files/207160/164179/moc_course_maps.pdf]http://cache.milesplit.com/user_files/207160/164179/moc_course_maps.pdf[/url]
I used the master map to outline the individual courses for my teams. I thought I would share with all. I have triple checked my work, so these should be correct.

http://cache.milesplit.com/user_files/207160/164179/moc_course_maps.pdf

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.