Poll: Who will win the 3A boys State meet???

Option Votes Score
St. X 28 55%
Trinity 1 2%
Eastern 4 8%
South Oldham 6 12%
Daviess County 12 24%
51 Votes

Vote!
Who will win the 3A boys State meet???
10/27/2015 8:08:56 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
10/28/2015 11:06:47 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Your kidding me??? St X's B team could win it. Daviss is only a Top 5. Maybe Daviss will surprise me and I hope they do. GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS.
Your kidding me??? St X's B team could win it. Daviss is only a Top 5. Maybe Daviss will surprise me and I hope they do. GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS.
10/28/2015 12:14:58 PM
User
I think Daviss has a chance. We have already seen them beat Eastern and Meade multiple times, who beat Trinity at Lex Cath. They ran a one point meet with South Oldham earlier, still haven't figured out which team won that race! St X is definitely the favorite, but I don't think it's crazy if anybody voted for Daviss on this poll. Not sure I would cast my vote for them, but not sure who else in the field would be a sure favorite over them either besides X. I think the problem is they didnt come to Lex Cath so those of us in the central part of the state don't really know what to expect from them.
I think Daviss has a chance. We have already seen them beat Eastern and Meade multiple times, who beat Trinity at Lex Cath. They ran a one point meet with South Oldham earlier, still haven't figured out which team won that race! St X is definitely the favorite, but I don't think it's crazy if anybody voted for Daviss on this poll. Not sure I would cast my vote for them, but not sure who else in the field would be a sure favorite over them either besides X. I think the problem is they didnt come to Lex Cath so those of us in the central part of the state don't really know what to expect from them.
11/02/2015 7:11:13 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Guess I really didn't word that statement very well. Daviss is a solid, well coached team they should be strong at State and IN the top 5. It's just there is no one as deep and strong as St X and unfortunately we all seem to be racing for second (Trying not to open that Public v Private can of worms). I'm not saying it can't happen but the running Stars would have to align perfectly and I feel St X is just too deep and too well coached to fail when it really counts. It will be a dog fight between South Oldham, Eastern, Daviss, Meade and Trinity, plus maybe a wild card or two, all for fighting for second through fifth. I’ve had the great pleasure to watch them all race this season and look forward to seeing them at State. Good luck to all.
Guess I really didn't word that statement very well. Daviss is a solid, well coached team they should be strong at State and IN the top 5. It's just there is no one as deep and strong as St X and unfortunately we all seem to be racing for second (Trying not to open that Public v Private can of worms). I'm not saying it can't happen but the running Stars would have to align perfectly and I feel St X is just too deep and too well coached to fail when it really counts. It will be a dog fight between South Oldham, Eastern, Daviss, Meade and Trinity, plus maybe a wild card or two, all for fighting for second through fifth. I've had the great pleasure to watch them all race this season and look forward to seeing them at State. Good luck to all.
11/02/2015 11:48:39 AM
User
Daviess could do what they did in the 90's when Saint X was rank top 25 in the nation. They pull one of the biggest upsets in state history. I think that's a long shot this may be one of Coach Medley best teams. They may have 3 runners go sub 16 on Saturday.
Daviess could do what they did in the 90's when Saint X was rank top 25 in the nation. They pull one of the biggest upsets in state history. I think that's a long shot this may be one of Coach Medley best teams. They may have 3 runners go sub 16 on Saturday.
11/02/2015 1:35:06 PM
User
@Tridad7436 Did I miss something? Is St. X running more guys on Saturday than everyone else? I thought everyone could only run seven? St. X is good. Unbeatable? No. I remember last year the same sentiments could be said. "Too deep, too good." Who ended up winning?
@Tridad7436
Did I miss something? Is St. X running more guys on Saturday than everyone else? I thought everyone could only run seven?

St. X is good. Unbeatable? No. I remember last year the same sentiments could be said. "Too deep, too good." Who ended up winning?
11/02/2015 2:00:27 PM
User
This season in 3a boys has shown that chuck medley truly is the best coach in the state. Saturday was very impressive as they put 5 runners under 16 minutes. This has been one of the best coaching jobs I have seen in a very long time. If they are able to win on Saturday, this stx team will go down as one of the all time greats. Its been a very impressive season for the Tigers harriers.
This season in 3a boys has shown that chuck medley truly is the best coach in the state. Saturday was very impressive as they put 5 runners under 16 minutes. This has been one of the best coaching jobs I have seen in a very long time. If they are able to win on Saturday, this stx team will go down as one of the all time greats. Its been a very impressive season for the Tigers harriers.
11/03/2015 10:23:52 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@GrizzlyAdams I'm no run junkie but I know a solid team with a ton of depth when I see it. Unless some form of catastrophic illness or injury occurs between now and Sat it's StX's to lose. I know what I've seen, so whats' your prediction? No one is ever unbeatable.
@GrizzlyAdams I'm no run junkie but I know a solid team with a ton of depth when I see it. Unless some form of catastrophic illness or injury occurs between now and Sat it's StX's to lose. I know what I've seen, so whats' your prediction? No one is ever unbeatable.
11/07/2015 1:00:25 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I am biased but I do9n't think this St. X team is one of its best teams all-time. Maybe, everyone else in the state is down, but I don't think this team is better than 2012 and 2013 title teams, not to mention 2005 for Medley. Maybe in 2 years they will be!
I am biased but I do9n't think this St. X team is one of its best teams all-time. Maybe, everyone else in the state is down, but I don't think this team is better than 2012 and 2013 title teams, not to mention 2005 for Medley. Maybe in 2 years they will be!
11/07/2015 6:44:46 PM
User
@Tridad7436 Let's open up that can of worms again. Is anyone really surprised that St X won? To take nothing away from the runners themselves, How many reside in what would constitute a "Normal" school district and for that matter do they all even live in Kentucky. Some things never change.
@Tridad7436 Let's open up that can of worms again. Is anyone really surprised that St X won? To take nothing away from the runners themselves, How many reside in what would constitute a "Normal" school district and for that matter do they all even live in Kentucky. Some things never change.
11/07/2015 7:27:51 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@leeanderson any close observer will tell you that this crew at X right now was far from a bunch of Middle School all-Americans recruited to set records. Coach Medley and his boys put in a ton of work to over-achieve this year. Please look at the milesplit profiles of some of their top kids and see how much they have improved through their hard work. Congrats to St. X on another title.
@leeanderson any close observer will tell you that this crew at X right now was far from a bunch of Middle School all-Americans recruited to set records. Coach Medley and his boys put in a ton of work to over-achieve this year.

Please look at the milesplit profiles of some of their top kids and see how much they have improved through their hard work.

Congrats to St. X on another title.
11/07/2015 7:35:20 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Matthew Thomas- JV sprinter turned All-Stater http://ky.milesplit.com/athletes/3352193-matthew-thomas?byDate=1#.Vj6XYGY8LCR Ryan Guenther- barely sub 5 miler as a sophomore http://ky.milesplit.com/athletes/2167521-ryan-guenthner?byDate=1#.Vj6YCmY8LCR These guys should be an inspiration. Hard earned success
Matthew Thomas- JV sprinter turned All-Stater
http://ky.milesplit.com/athletes/3352193-matthew-thomas?byDate=1#.Vj6XYGY8LCR

Ryan Guenther- barely sub 5 miler as a sophomore
http://ky.milesplit.com/athletes/2167521-ryan-guenthner?byDate=1#.Vj6YCmY8LCR

These guys should be an inspiration. Hard earned success
11/08/2015 8:51:45 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I'm frankly tired of these comments. Congrats to coach Medley. You push me to have a better program. Keep it up.
I'm frankly tired of these comments. Congrats to coach Medley. You push me to have a better program. Keep it up.
11/09/2015 9:19:12 AM
User
Congrats to coach medley and the Tigers. Wasn't even close. I have a feeling that another "streak" is going to be taking place for the green and gold.
Congrats to coach medley and the Tigers. Wasn't even close. I have a feeling that another "streak" is going to be taking place for the green and gold.
11/10/2015 12:01:05 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Let me say first congrats to Coach Medley and this St. X team! That race on Saturday was one of the more impressive races I have witnessed in 30+ years of tracking Cross Country. I'm still not sure they are better than the 2005, 2012 or 2013 St. X teams, but they are certainly as good as all of those teams so I take back what I said higher up on this thread. Finally, as someone else said, this is all about the hard work and dedication that these guys turn in on a daily basis and in the off-season, and they should all be saluted for it! I know that runners at many, if not most, of the competing schools work very hard so not taking anything away from them. However, suggesting that Medley just gets lucky getting in great runners is quite short-sighted. As someone else mentioned, Matthew Thomas was an athlete/hurdler and there are many other stories like his. Congrats to Coach Medley and the St. X Tigers!
Let me say first congrats to Coach Medley and this St. X team! That race on Saturday was one of the more impressive races I have witnessed in 30+ years of tracking Cross Country. I'm still not sure they are better than the 2005, 2012 or 2013 St. X teams, but they are certainly as good as all of those teams so I take back what I said higher up on this thread.

Finally, as someone else said, this is all about the hard work and dedication that these guys turn in on a daily basis and in the off-season, and they should all be saluted for it! I know that runners at many, if not most, of the competing schools work very hard so not taking anything away from them. However, suggesting that Medley just gets lucky getting in great runners is quite short-sighted. As someone else mentioned, Matthew Thomas was an athlete/hurdler and there are many other stories like his.

Congrats to Coach Medley and the St. X Tigers!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.