Re-Alignment outline to be voted on July 23rd!
05/07/2013 6:53:43 PM
User
The proposed XC/track realignment to take effect this coming school year is out. The school classes will be divided Class A 35 %, Class AA 40 %, and Class AAA 25 %. Below are the schools that will be changing based on the proposal which will be voted on by the Board of Control at the next meeting. Proposed New Class AA from Class A Bardstown Bath County Carroll County Clinton County Danville DeSales Fort Campbell Gallatin County Glasgow Green County Hancock County Lexington Christian Metcalfe County Monroe County Owen County Owensboro Catholic Shelby Valley Somerset St. Henry Todd County Central Walton Verona Proposed New Class AA from Class AAA Clay County Doss John Hardin Scott Waggener Warren Central Proposed New Class AAA from Class AA Atherton Bullitt East Central East Jessamine Harlan County Hopkinsville Jeffersontown Logan County Madison Southern Mercy Academy North Bullitt South Oldham West Jessamine Closing to become Class AAA Heath, Reidland, Lone Oak, becoming McCracken County
The proposed XC/track realignment to take effect this coming school year is out. The school classes will be divided Class A 35 %, Class AA 40 %, and Class AAA 25 %.

Below are the schools that will be changing based on the proposal which will be voted on by the Board of Control at the next meeting.

Proposed New Class AA from Class A

Bardstown

Bath County

Carroll County

Clinton County

Danville

DeSales

Fort Campbell

Gallatin County

Glasgow

Green County

Hancock County

Lexington Christian

Metcalfe County

Monroe County

Owen County

Owensboro Catholic

Shelby Valley

Somerset

St. Henry

Todd County Central

Walton Verona

Proposed New Class AA from Class AAA

Clay County

Doss

John Hardin

Scott

Waggener

Warren Central

Proposed New Class AAA from Class AA

Atherton

Bullitt East

Central

East Jessamine

Harlan County

Hopkinsville

Jeffersontown

Logan County

Madison Southern

Mercy Academy

North Bullitt

South Oldham

West Jessamine

Closing to become Class AAA

Heath, Reidland, Lone Oak, becoming McCracken County
05/07/2013 7:06:13 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
oh snap!
oh snap!
05/07/2013 8:01:10 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
My favorite part is Cooper remaining AAA but moving to the Louisville Region 4. Doesn't make a lot of sense. So much for recognizing travel hardships.
My favorite part is Cooper remaining AAA but moving to the Louisville Region 4. Doesn't make a lot of sense. So much for recognizing travel hardships.
05/07/2013 8:08:22 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I agree the Cooper thing seems to make no sense since there are 12 schools in region 4 and only 9 in region 5, which is a more natural fit for Cooper.
I agree the Cooper thing seems to make no sense since there are 12 schools in region 4 and only 9 in region 5, which is a more natural fit for Cooper.
05/07/2013 8:17:25 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
So I notice that the press release does not even mention cross country but only refers to this as a track alignment. Also, re-alignment info appears on the track page of the KHSAA website but is absent from the cross country page. These things, along with the late adoption date indicates that this may not apply to cross country this fall. Can anybody confirm or deny that?
So I notice that the press release does not even mention cross country but only refers to this as a track alignment. Also, re-alignment info appears on the track page of the KHSAA website but is absent from the cross country page. These things, along with the late adoption date indicates that this may not apply to cross country this fall. Can anybody confirm or deny that?
05/07/2013 8:18:50 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Does the proposal include regional boundaries? If so what will the regions look like.
Does the proposal include regional boundaries? If so what will the regions look like.
05/07/2013 8:30:24 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
region 5 AA is hugh. There are 20 schools in it. I know several do not field a cross country team but still that is one big region.
region 5 AA is hugh. There are 20 schools in it. I know several do not field a cross country team but still that is one big region.
05/07/2013 8:34:09 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Regionals broken down at http://ky.milesplit.com/articles/105620-30-plus-schools-moving-to-class-aa-aaa-in-new-khsaa-realignment
Regionals broken down at

http://ky.milesplit.com/articles/105620-30-plus-schools-moving-to-class-aa-aaa-in-new-khsaa-realignment
05/07/2013 8:46:19 PM
Coach
[quote=bigbear3]My favorite part is Cooper remaining AAA but moving to the Louisville Region 4. Doesn't make a lot of sense. So much for recognizing travel hardships.[/quote] @bigbear3 You know that mystery group of superintendents who got the 2-day Regional and State Meet eliminated? The same group who also got the State Meet moved up in order to accommodate those State-wide exams that, several years later, no one has still even heard of? Maybe those guys are the ones who asked the KHSAA to move Cooper into Region 4!
bigbear3 wrote:

@bigbear3
You know that mystery group of superintendents who got the 2-day Regional and State Meet eliminated? The same group who also got the State Meet moved up in order to accommodate those State-wide exams that, several years later, no one has still even heard of? Maybe those guys are the ones who asked the KHSAA to move Cooper into Region 4!
05/07/2013 9:04:53 PM
User
Last time when the original draft was released, they only made changes to which schools were in which regionals, so I expect that they will look at teams like Cooper in the Louisville regional and Model, which appears in two different regionals on the KHSAA site. Other than that, I don't expect much movement. One regional that may now be the most interesting of all would be Region 5AA which loses the Jessamine County schools, but picks up Danville, Lex Cath, Lex Christian, Franklin County, Western Hills, Somerset, and Clay County. Probably the biggest regional in terms of teams that consistently field full squads.
Last time when the original draft was released, they only made changes to which schools were in which regionals, so I expect that they will look at teams like Cooper in the Louisville regional and Model, which appears in two different regionals on the KHSAA site. Other than that, I don't expect much movement.

One regional that may now be the most interesting of all would be Region 5AA which loses the Jessamine County schools, but picks up Danville, Lex Cath, Lex Christian, Franklin County, Western Hills, Somerset, and Clay County. Probably the biggest regional in terms of teams that consistently field full squads.
05/07/2013 9:18:26 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Whoa Region 2 AA with 25 schools, ouch.
Whoa Region 2 AA with 25 schools, ouch.
05/07/2013 9:28:14 PM
User
@Purple_Striders 1a region 2 loses 6 teams from their region...
@Purple_Striders
1a region 2 loses 6 teams from their region...
05/07/2013 9:31:37 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
2A Region 5 used to only go as far north as Jessamine Co. Not sure why they added so many Lexington area schools. Danville and Somerset are in the existing 2A-R5 area and would have replaced East and West Jessamine schools nicely without adding a bunch of other schools. On the other hand, Boyle and Lex Cath have a huge rivalry in Football which will now also be brought to Track. Oddly, 1A just got a lot smaller. There are no schools mentioned as going from 2A to 1A. The 1A-R5 is pretty much cut in half with the southern schools either going to 2A (Lex Christian and Danville) or going to Region 6 (Burgin and KSD). Cross Country Powerhouses St Henry, Owensboro Cath and Walton Verona moving up to 2A is also huge in CC. Class A is now wide open.
2A Region 5 used to only go as far north as Jessamine Co. Not sure why they added so many Lexington area schools. Danville and Somerset are in the existing 2A-R5 area and would have replaced East and West Jessamine schools nicely without adding a bunch of other schools. On the other hand, Boyle and Lex Cath have a huge rivalry in Football which will now also be brought to Track.

Oddly, 1A just got a lot smaller. There are no schools mentioned as going from 2A to 1A. The 1A-R5 is pretty much cut in half with the southern schools either going to 2A (Lex Christian and Danville) or going to Region 6 (Burgin and KSD).

Cross Country Powerhouses St Henry, Owensboro Cath and Walton Verona moving up to 2A is also huge in CC. Class A is now wide open.
05/07/2013 9:44:02 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
These regions seems way out of whack! Our region 2A-2 has 25 schools. That's ridiculous. Hope this one fails in its current state. Not saying some realignment doesn't need to happen but some of these are just too big.
These regions seems way out of whack! Our region 2A-2 has 25 schools. That's ridiculous. Hope this one fails in its current state. Not saying some realignment doesn't need to happen but some of these are just too big.
05/07/2013 9:48:27 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@professor Conspiracy theories abound. There may be some people happy about being in a new region with the Assumption team even if it is an hour and a half drive.
@professor Conspiracy theories abound. There may be some people happy about being in a new region with the Assumption team even if it is an hour and a half drive.
05/07/2013 10:36:47 PM
Coach
Trying to understand the logic of moving Cooper out of a region with only 8 other schools to another region (100 miles away) that already has 11 schools.
Trying to understand the logic of moving Cooper out of a region with only 8 other schools to another region (100 miles away) that already has 11 schools.
05/07/2013 10:37:53 PM
Coach
First time poster here.....this needs some work. Contact your Board of Control Rep. There are some things that need to be reviewed.
First time poster here.....this needs some work. Contact your Board of Control Rep. There are some things that need to be reviewed.
05/07/2013 10:41:33 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I agree with Coach Hodges. This alignment needs some work. I'm happy with the current alignment. Region 2 Class AA has the potential to be larger than the state meet.
I agree with Coach Hodges. This alignment needs some work. I'm happy with the current alignment. Region 2 Class AA has the potential to be larger than the state meet.
05/07/2013 10:41:39 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
I bet Cooper is an error and was just typed in the wrong spot.
I bet Cooper is an error and was just typed in the wrong spot.
05/07/2013 10:45:14 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.