KYtrackXC.com will have Nolan Jez and Lisa Johnson on-site tomorrow for the Franklin County Invitational.
2011-09-24 at New Horse Park in Lexington, KY
- Whitney O'Bryan with the win in the Varsity Girls Race.
- O'Bryan was up on a pair of runners and had a 40 meter lead with 200 to go. The two runners tracked her down the stretch, but O'Bryan held on for the win.
- Chase Geary wins the Varsity Boys Race. Apparently right before he made the final turn on the homestretch he ran into a JV runner and was knocked down. 2nd place caught up but Geary still held on for the win.
- Varsity Girls Team results?
- No Weishaar, Waltman, and Laureano.
Apollo looks the winner on the boys side
Manual wins 95. Daviess Co. 121. BG only 4 runners NTS. Placed 13, 14, 15, 16 indivisdally.
- North Oldham was 2nd on the boys side
- Girls' Varsity:
101 slots of runners
49 degrees on my phone
1-Michelle Mckinney- 5:50
2-Caterina Karas- 5:52
3-Gabriella Karas- 5:58
4-Cassidy Hale-- 5:58
5-Kristen Hale- 5:58
6- Whitney O'Bryan- 5:58
1- Michelle Mckinney- 12:14
2-Gabriella Karas- 12:14
3- Cassidy Hale- 12:15
4- Whitney O'Bryan- 12:!5
@16 mins in- O'Byran took over the lead
Finish- O'Bryan held of late push by C. Hale & G Karas
Team title: DuPont Manual- 95, Davies C.- 121 & Notre Dame- 201.
- Boys' Varsity:
111 slots of runners
1. Chase Geary- 5:06
2. Taylor Sanders- 5:06
3. Alex Beckerson- 5:07
4. Jack Grundy- 5:07
5. Will Short- 5:10
6-Jake Clark- 5:10
7- Nathan Lauck- 5:10
-Geary and Sanders pull away by 50 meters going up the hill
-Clark and Lauck move into 4th and 5th going up the hill
1. Chase Geary- 10:27
2. Taylor Sanders- 10:28
3. Jack Grundy- 10:35
4. Will Short- 10:36
@12 mins into race it started to rain.
1. Geary- undefeated at Varsity level
Geary got ran into by a JV runner with about 250 meters to go. He got spun around and got back up and held off a late surge from Sanders.
Team title - Apollo- 85, N. Oldham- 126 and Elder (OH)- 142
- Combined JV Races:
95 slots of runners
* got wrong results sheet will fill in names after for boys.
2. 3974- 5:22
3. 1209- 5:25
5. 2159- 5:25
2439 & 3974 opened a 20 meters gap to 1209
1. 1209- 11:24
2. 2438- 11:27
3. 1416- 11:28
600 meters to go 2438 brought it even
400 meters to go 1209 pulled away by 5 meters
50 meters to 1416 outkicked 1209
Team title: Elder (Oh)-25, N. Oldham-59, DuPont Manual-98.
- Girls Race (JV)
1.Kara Atwell- 21:54
2. Samantha Brenzel- 22:06
3. Mary Eliza Rumsey- 22:07
Team title: DuPont Manual- 36, St. Henry District- 62, Oldham County- 64
- Girls' Middle school 3k:
90 slots of runners
1. Michaela Reinhart- 5:59
2. Briance Vance- 6:02
3. MArguerit Wheeler- 6:09
4. Erin Edmundson- 6:09
5. Nicole Moeller- 6:12
1. Michaela Reinhart - 11:20.99 (pulled away and won by over 100 meters)
2. Erin Edmundson- 11:47 (passed 3rd with 150 meters to go)
3. Briana Vance- 11:51
Team title: N. Oldham- 51, E. Oldham- 56, NE YMCA- 105
- Boys' MS 3k:
97 slots of runners
62 degrees (sunny)
1.Jacob Robertson- 5:25
2.Tanner Dowdy- 5:25
3.Trenton Fryman- 5:25
4.Cole Dowdy- 5:25
1. Trenton Fryman - 10:11 (took lead with 600 meters to go)
2. Jacob Robertson- 10:18.99 (held off C. Dowdy at the line)
3. Cole Dowdy- 10:20 (late kick w/ Robertson to try and catch Fryman)
Team title: N. Oldham- 55, E. Oldham- 70, S Oldham- 127
Thank you Texas for posting the TEAM results for the Northeast YMCA! I don't know if you realized it but the finish line Official "bullied" the meet director (Coach Kelly) into deleting all of our team scores and gave all of our team trophies away to other teams! He decided he was going to be governance for all Middle School races at this meet. Beware all Middle School Teams...they will take your money and not tell you that you are there for exhibition only. At the end of the meet the official will tell you that he's going by the rules. There aren't any rules! By the way, he'll try to slink-off without giving you an explanation and act like you didn't deserve an explanation. There is not a governance committee for Middle School XC and the Executive Director of the KY Coaches Association decided HE was going to step up and "be in charge". It was brought to my attention that he made this decision for other schools at this meet, as well. This is not the end. Bring it on...
- To soften up the thread a bit - - here's a link to some pretty neat pics I shot at about the 800m mark. I also have video of 6 of 7 races at that same location I'll post as per Jonathan's thread on YouTube videos.