Article Comment: Billy Mills Wins 10K Gold, 48th Anniversary
10/14/2012 2:48:24 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Someone told me that Jef Scott filmed this.
10/14/2012 2:51:38 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
I should have added as well that no American has won Gold in the 10K since Mills in 64. Rupp earned Silver this year, but not the Gold.
I should have added as well that no American has won Gold in the 10K since Mills in 64. Rupp earned Silver this year, but not the Gold.
10/14/2012 6:39:36 PM
Coach
"Look at Mills! Look at Mills!" Gives me chills everytime I hear that line. The movie was spot on in the portrayal of the race as well.
"Look at Mills! Look at Mills!"
Gives me chills everytime I hear that line. The movie was spot on in the portrayal of the race as well.
10/14/2012 6:45:24 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Jonathan, Billy Mills was not even our best 10K runner. He finished second in the Trails to the phenomenal high school runner, Gerry Lindgren. Lindgren hurt his leg and finished 9th at the Games. Mills picked the best time on his life to run the best time of his life. The USSR called Mills our secret weapon. The USA also won the 5K that year. This was before Kenya became a running Power.
Jonathan,

Billy Mills was not even our best 10K runner. He finished second in the Trails to the phenomenal high school runner, Gerry Lindgren. Lindgren hurt his leg and finished 9th at the Games. Mills picked the best time on his life to run the best time of his life. The USSR called Mills our secret weapon. The USA also won the 5K that year. This was before Kenya became a running Power.
10/14/2012 7:27:37 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=jonathan]Someone told me that Jef Scott filmed this.[/quote] @jonathan I'm not that old, yet. Besides, the quality of that video is far superior to anything I have posted.
jonathan wrote:

@jonathan

I'm not that old, yet. Besides, the quality of that video is far superior to anything I have posted.
10/15/2012 11:24:30 AM
User
Especially appropriate when the US takes silver in the 10k this past summer with Galen Rupp.
Especially appropriate when the US takes silver in the 10k this past summer with Galen Rupp.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.