MEET OF CHAMPIONS
MIDDLE SCHOOL & 6th & UNDER & 4th & UNDER STATE CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS
HIGH SCHOOL DIVISIONS BY GRADE
MASTERSON STATION PARK, LEXINGTON
October 25, 2014
The 2014 KTCCCA Meet of Champions will be held at Masterson Station Park on Rt. 421 in Lexington.
This year the meet will host the 4th & Under, 6th & Under & Middle School State Championships as well as the individual high school grade championships. Athletes can only compete in one race. In the championships races, athletes must represent their school. $10 per individual if you have not entered a varsity team. Only one team per school will be allowed in the 4th & Under, 6th & Under and Middle School divisions. All extra runners can be entered in the Open Race at no charge.
We will be using chip timing again this year.
All entries must be done online at www.kytrackxc.com Specific address is:
1) ALL students, regardless of affiliation, competing in the Meet of Champions (MOC) MUST have a coach who is a member of the KTCCCA. Membership forms are available on the KTCCCA website:www.ktccca.org or email Fmiklavcic@aol.com
2) To be eligible to compete in the MOC team championship races, a team must be affiliated with a school recognized as part of the Kentucky public or private school systems.
3) Students must run for their school teams in the MOC if their school has a cross country program. Their school is defined as the school that astudent attends for 50% or more of his or her primary educational hours during that season. Students may run up with the team of the school that their current school feeds directly into. If no direct feeder system exists, running up with another school is not permitted.
4) Students who are home schooled or who attend schools without cross country programs may run as individuals in the MOC. For those students who attend schools without designated cross country programs, parents/coaches must work with the school administration to have approval for those students to represent their schools.
5) Subject to the requirements of section 3, any student on a club team can compete in the open races.
Admission charge will be $5 per person. Remind parents and fans to have correct admission ready at the gate to speed entrance to the Park. Coaches who are members of the KTCCCA will be the only people admitted free.
In the elementary and middle school races, teams will line up single file on the starting line, one on the front.
Awards-Medals to the top fifty in each race. Team awards to the top five teams in 4th & Under, 6th & Under and Middle School State Championships. Team awards to the top two in each class in the high school races. (No team awards or scoring in Open Middle School, Open 6th & under, and Open 4th & under )
Course: The course is exactly like last year’s course. The start will be at the new steeplechase water jump. Runners will go from the start diagonally out to the front soccer fields.
Mapquest.com Destination address 3051 Leestown Rd, Lexington, Ky for better directions.
From I-64 west- Take Exit 65. Turn right. Go down the hill to the intersection. Turn left toward Lexington. Go 7.8 miles. Turn left in to Masterson Station Park.
From Bluegrass Parkway west-Take Bluegrass Parkway to Versailles Road. Go to New Circle Rd. Take New Circle north to Rt. 421 Exit. Turn left. Go 2.2 miles to Masterson Station Park on your right.
From I-75 North- Take Exit 115 Rt 922. Turn right. Go to New Circle Rd and turn right on to New Circle Rd. Take Exit 7. turn right. Go 2.1 miles. Turn right in to Masterson Station Park.
From I-75 South- Take Exit 113 Turn right on to Broadway. Go to New Circle Rd. Turn right on to New Circle. Take Exit 7. turn right. Go 2.1 miles. Turn right in to Masterson Station Park.
From I- 64 East. Turn north on I-75 and follow above directions for I-75 South.