Class of 2017
10/22/2012 8:05:51 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
We are coming up on the MS State meet and all is quiet here, let's start the discussion... Who is the best of the class of 2017. On the boys side, out of KTCCCA Area 6 is Burris, Bailey, Huff and Hill. Four very good runners at the top of the 4K stat lists here. Burris is impressive and posted a 17:04 5K at Trinity. Bailey's most recent win was at the Area 6 Championships. I've seen Burris and Bailey run and they are impressive. Both have won multiple invitationals this year. I've not had the pleasure of seeing Huff run yet but I hear he beat Bailey at Lex Cath last week end. Hill has only run a couple races that I can find so he is an unknown although he was good last year and has posted a fast 4K this year. Can the Sheets boys or Otter and McClarty from North Oldham challenge these three? I know one beat Burris at the Rumble but that was a 3K, not a 4K. For the team it looks like a North Oldham run away with 3 in the top 20 and all 5 in the top 40. The best team out of Area 6 has been Beaumont all year. They are undefeated in local competition. I've also seen Casey Country run and win all their local meets this year but those are mostly 3K races so they are an unknown in the 4K races. Woodford also does well in the local meets. At the top of the 4K list on the girls side are a couple more from Area 6 with Duff and Reinhart. I watched Reinhart win the Area 6 meet on one of the hardest courses around, with no direct competition and she still ran fast enough to post the #4 4K time on the site this year. She has been undefeated this year except for Tiger run. The #1 and #2 times on the site have been posted by a club team so I don't know if they will be in the State Championship race or not. The best team out of Area 6 has been EJ Hayes with 5 in the top 50 on this site. Get out your predictions.
We are coming up on the MS State meet and all is quiet here, let's start the discussion...

Who is the best of the class of 2017. On the boys side, out of KTCCCA Area 6 is Burris, Bailey, Huff and Hill. Four very good runners at the top of the 4K stat lists here. Burris is impressive and posted a 17:04 5K at Trinity. Bailey's most recent win was at the Area 6 Championships. I've seen Burris and Bailey run and they are impressive. Both have won multiple invitationals this year. I've not had the pleasure of seeing Huff run yet but I hear he beat Bailey at Lex Cath last week end. Hill has only run a couple races that I can find so he is an unknown although he was good last year and has posted a fast 4K this year.

Can the Sheets boys or Otter and McClarty from North Oldham challenge these three? I know one beat Burris at the Rumble but that was a 3K, not a 4K. For the team it looks like a North Oldham run away with 3 in the top 20 and all 5 in the top 40. The best team out of Area 6 has been Beaumont all year. They are undefeated in local competition. I've also seen Casey Country run and win all their local meets this year but those are mostly 3K races so they are an unknown in the 4K races. Woodford also does well in the local meets.

At the top of the 4K list on the girls side are a couple more from Area 6 with Duff and Reinhart. I watched Reinhart win the Area 6 meet on one of the hardest courses around, with no direct competition and she still ran fast enough to post the #4 4K time on the site this year. She has been undefeated this year except for Tiger run. The #1 and #2 times on the site have been posted by a club team so I don't know if they will be in the State Championship race or not. The best team out of Area 6 has been EJ Hayes with 5 in the top 50 on this site.

Get out your predictions.
10/22/2012 8:31:38 PM
Coach
Alena Sapienza-Wright (Anchorage), Catherine Sullivan (Sullivan Homeschool), and Carmen Harper (Meyzeek and/or St Gabriel) are the three top runners for NE YMCA that will be at MS State. Catherine and Alena are off impressive times (15:00 and 15:01 respectively) at hilly Lex Cath last Sat. Based on just MS meets this season, I'd consider those two as the co-favorites (7th graders!) since they've beaten each other over the season and Michaela early at Tiger Run. Then I think Michaela could be the dark horse to top those two girls. However, there are three strong girls also entered who have run for HS all season (and no MS meets): Madison Peeples (Bowling Green), Alyssa Hyden (Pulaski), and Rheagan Sizemore (Mason County). Based on HS and MS meets, I think Madison Peeples will be the MS Champ followed closely in order by Alena, Catherine, and Michaela for the top four. It should be an entertaining MS Girls race to watch!
Alena Sapienza-Wright (Anchorage), Catherine Sullivan (Sullivan Homeschool), and Carmen Harper (Meyzeek and/or St Gabriel) are the three top runners for NE YMCA that will be at MS State. Catherine and Alena are off impressive times (15:00 and 15:01 respectively) at hilly Lex Cath last Sat. Based on just MS meets this season, I'd consider those two as the co-favorites (7th graders!) since they've beaten each other over the season and Michaela early at Tiger Run. Then I think Michaela could be the dark horse to top those two girls.

However, there are three strong girls also entered who have run for HS all season (and no MS meets): Madison Peeples (Bowling Green), Alyssa Hyden (Pulaski), and Rheagan Sizemore (Mason County).

Based on HS and MS meets, I think Madison Peeples will be the MS Champ followed closely in order by Alena, Catherine, and Michaela for the top four. It should be an entertaining MS Girls race to watch!
10/22/2012 9:30:27 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@mbglover 4K girls #5 10 year old (11 in December) Kendall Hayes of Area 6 Woodford County will go in the 6th and under girls as she seeks big meet experience.
@mbglover 4K girls #5 10 year old (11 in December) Kendall Hayes of Area 6 Woodford County will go in the 6th and under girls as she seeks big meet experience.
10/23/2012 12:38:45 PM
User
@cbeckerson With MOC just around the corner I thought I would get out my annual predictions. MS girl’s teams South Oldham should roll to an easy win, if their top 5 are healthy and at the meet. But, if anyone stumbles they are in trouble as they have a big gap to #6. Behind South is East Oldham followed very closely by North Oldham and E. J. Hayes, should be a great battle for 2nd. There looks to be a significant gap back to Woodford, Daviess and Beaumont as the chasers for 5th place. MS girl’s individuals I would expect to see Sapienza-Wright, Sullivan, Peebles and Reinhart as the likely leaders with the chase pack including Duff, Warren, Hyden, Sizemore, Glover, Webb, Searcy, Poole and Moeller. MS boy’s teams North Oldham looks to have enough depth to get the job done, even without several of their top runners away on fall break. College View and South Oldham should have a good battle for 2nd, if all of South Oldham’s boys are there. Chasing teams will include Daviess, Beaumont, Burns and Owensboro. MS boy’s individuals Josh Grogan looks to be the class of the field, although Michael Sheets and Doug Burris may give him a run for his money. Following those two will be Nathan Sheets, Logan Otter and Colin Merkel. The group may also include Bailey, Huff and McClarty. Elementary This is very hard to gauge as teams often split up to run both 6th and under and 4th and under, but here are some guesses. The top couple girl’s teams are: Goshen, Stopher, Dunn, and maybe St. Albert or Hite depending on how their kids break up. The top few boy’s teams include: Goshen, Dunn, Carter and Simpsonville
@cbeckerson

With MOC just around the corner I thought I would get out my annual predictions.

MS girl's teams

South Oldham should roll to an easy win, if their top 5 are healthy and at the meet. But, if anyone stumbles they are in trouble as they have a big gap to #6. Behind South is East Oldham followed very closely by North Oldham and E. J. Hayes, should be a great battle for 2nd. There looks to be a significant gap back to Woodford, Daviess and Beaumont as the chasers for 5th place.

MS girl's individuals
I would expect to see Sapienza-Wright, Sullivan, Peebles and Reinhart as the likely leaders with the chase pack including Duff, Warren, Hyden, Sizemore, Glover, Webb, Searcy, Poole and Moeller.

MS boy's teams
North Oldham looks to have enough depth to get the job done, even without several of their top runners away on fall break. College View and South Oldham should have a good battle for 2nd, if all of South Oldham's boys are there. Chasing teams will include Daviess, Beaumont, Burns and Owensboro.

MS boy's individuals
Josh Grogan looks to be the class of the field, although Michael Sheets and Doug Burris may give him a run for his money. Following those two will be Nathan Sheets, Logan Otter and Colin Merkel. The group may also include Bailey, Huff and McClarty.

Elementary

This is very hard to gauge as teams often split up to run both 6th and under and 4th and under, but here are some guesses.
The top couple girl's teams are: Goshen, Stopher, Dunn, and maybe St. Albert or Hite depending on how their kids break up.
The top few boy's teams include: Goshen, Dunn, Carter and Simpsonville
10/23/2012 12:54:02 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@MOTMAN No Elementary individual predictions? Keep an eye for St Leo's Connor Hayes in the 4th and under and his sister Kendall from Woodford in the 6th and under. Downside is they are both individual runners.
@MOTMAN No Elementary individual predictions? Keep an eye for St Leo's Connor Hayes in the 4th and under and his sister Kendall from Woodford in the 6th and under. Downside is they are both individual runners.
10/23/2012 3:36:38 PM
Coach
Is gabby karas from Collins not racing in the middle school race??
Is gabby karas from Collins not racing in the middle school race??
10/23/2012 5:04:38 PM
User
@LP10 She is not entered.
@LP10

She is not entered.
10/23/2012 5:07:17 PM
User
@KandC Sorry, been too busy, didn't have time to get that together, besides, the distances for Elementary are so all over the place it's very hard to compare one area of the state with another. It's tough enough in MS, but at least I know a lot of the courses that are short and can compensate for that.
@KandC

Sorry, been too busy, didn't have time to get that together, besides, the distances for Elementary are so all over the place it's very hard to compare one area of the state with another. It's tough enough in MS, but at least I know a lot of the courses that are short and can compensate for that.
10/24/2012 3:59:27 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=MOTMAN]@cbeckerson With MOC just around the corner I thought I would get out my annual predictions. MS boy’s teams North Oldham looks to have enough depth to get the job done, even without several of their top runners away on fall break. College View and South Oldham should have a good battle for 2nd, if all of South Oldham’s boys are there. Chasing teams will include Daviess, Beaumont, Burns and Owensboro. MS boy’s individuals Josh Grogan looks to be the class of the field, although Michael Sheets and Doug Burris may give him a run for his money. Following those two will be Nathan Sheets, Logan Otter and Colin Merkel. The group may also include Bailey, Huff and McClarty. [/quote] @MOTMAN You can also count Donta Miliay from Owensboro, and Cameron Hunt from James Madison MS (former Madisonville) I'm hoping 4 of my 5 runners will be in the top twenty. Rounding out that is Logan Hopper Browing Springs, Alex Schell JMMS, Barrett Eddings BSMS, and Bart Robertson BSMS all Madisonville runners. These boys made up the Madisonville team which gave College View fits this yr localy. Just for fun add up the score from these kids after its over as one team and see why there were some upset folks around our home town. Remember we have 9 kids on the former roster of Madisonville not 30 and last yr these same kids came in 12,87,185,and 225 and the last one is his first yr running. So no super kids by any standards, just hard workers. Grogan is my pick, super kid!!! I had forgotten that Donta is class of 2018. He'll be a great for yr's to come.
MOTMAN wrote:
@cbeckerson

With MOC just around the corner I thought I would get out my annual predictions.
MS boy's teams
North Oldham looks to have enough depth to get the job done, even without several of their top runners away on fall break. College View and South Oldham should have a good battle for 2nd, if all of South Oldham's boys are there. Chasing teams will include Daviess, Beaumont, Burns and Owensboro.

MS boy's individuals
Josh Grogan looks to be the class of the field, although Michael Sheets and Doug Burris may give him a run for his money. Following those two will be Nathan Sheets, Logan Otter and Colin Merkel. The group may also include Bailey, Huff and McClarty.

@MOTMAN You can also count Donta Miliay from Owensboro, and Cameron Hunt from James Madison MS (former Madisonville) I'm hoping 4 of my 5 runners will be in the top twenty. Rounding out that is Logan Hopper Browing Springs, Alex Schell JMMS, Barrett Eddings BSMS, and Bart Robertson BSMS all Madisonville runners.

These boys made up the Madisonville team which gave College View fits this yr localy.
Just for fun add up the score from these kids after its over as one team and see why there were some upset folks around our home town. Remember we have 9 kids on the former roster of Madisonville not 30 and last yr these same kids came in 12,87,185,and 225 and the last one is his first yr running. So no super kids by any standards, just hard workers. Grogan is my pick, super kid!!!
I had forgotten that Donta is class of 2018. He'll be a great for yr's to come.
10/24/2012 4:14:40 PM
User
@Tridad7436 All credit goes to the coach for inspiring them to reach for the stars. All kids have potential to be great but it takes the a great coach to unlock that potential. One of the greatest gifts you can give a person is the ability to see for themselves what they can become. Thank you.
@Tridad7436

All credit goes to the coach for inspiring them to reach for the stars. All kids have potential to be great but it takes the a great coach to unlock that potential. One of the greatest gifts you can give a person is the ability to see for themselves what they can become. Thank you.
10/25/2012 11:05:21 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@KandC As far as Elementary U/4 there is a kid from St Peter Paul(Hop) that should have won championship race this year hands down. That kid has smoked most all 6th grade kids in our area, but seems they entered him in the open race. Kid is on a different planet. Not sure why he is in the open. He won the open U/4 last yr as a 3rd grader. Thor Newsome 3rd grade may make U/4 an interesting race in the championship though. U/6 Is K. Thornsberry racing in the same class as last yr?
@KandC As far as Elementary U/4 there is a kid from St Peter Paul(Hop) that should have won championship race this year hands down. That kid has smoked most all 6th grade kids in our area, but seems they entered him in the open race. Kid is on a different planet. Not sure why he is in the open. He won the open U/4 last yr as a 3rd grader.
Thor Newsome 3rd grade may make U/4 an interesting race in the championship though.
U/6 Is K. Thornsberry racing in the same class as last yr?

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.