2020 Louisville Meet of Champions (Area 3 Championship)
TUESDAY, MAY 5, 2020
5 PM - field events, 5 PM - open running events, 6 PM - championship running events
SATURDAY, MAY 2, 2020 (in conjunction with the Run for the Roses 3200)
8 AM - championship 3200 meter run, 8:30 AM - open 3200 meter run
Location: Louisville Male HS (4409 Preston Highway, Louisville, KY, 40213)
TEAMS INVITED: Championship events are only open to schools that are located in Jefferson County (Area 3). Out of county schools may contest the open/unscored 100 meter dash, open/unscored 800 meter run, and open/unscored 3200 meter run.
ENTRY FEE: $50 per team (boys and girls are considered separate teams).
WORKERS: Teams are no longer required to provide workers. However, a $25 discount is available, on a first come/first served basis, for each adult worker provided by each respective school. Please contact Coach Ames by Tuesday, April 28 to reserve jobs for your workers.
ADMISSION: $5 for all spectators and nonparticipants.
AWARDS: Top 3 finishers in each championship event receive awards. Winning team will receive a Louisville City Championship Trophy.
ATHLETE OF THE MEET: At the conclusion of the meet, the Athlete of the Meet will be awarded to the athlete whose performance in the meet ranks highest on the KYTrackXC.com state rankings. National rankings will be used to break any ties for the award.
T-SHIRTS: T-shirts will be available for sale at the meet.
RESULTS: Will be posted at ky.milesplit.com.
Entries will be submitted online at ky.milesplit.com.
Entries must be submitted by 2:00 pm on Sunday, May 3.
Absolutely no late entries will be accepted in championship events. Coaches who miss the early entry deadline are encouraged to enter their athletes in the open 100 or open 800 to be held at the beginning of the meet.
A school may submit as many individual entries as desired, but may only enter one relay team per event.
Seed times and distances will be automatically generated by the athletes or relay teams top marks during the 2019 outdoor season.
Marks will not be corrected after entry deadline (2:00 pm on Sunday, May 3). Coaches are encouraged to monitor season bests on KYTrackXC.com to ensure that accurate marks for their athletes are listed.
No hand times will be considered in the 100 dash, 100/110 hurdles, or 200 dash. Mile times may be used for qualifying in the 1600 meters. Times will be converted by meet management.
A total of 16 athletes and relay teams will be accepted in each event - except the pole vault, where all competitors will be accepted, and the 4x400, where only 8 teams will be accepted.
An accepted entries list will be emailed to coaches on Sunday night. All scratches must be emailed to Coach Ames by Monday at noon. At this time, athletes on the waiting list will be moved up and final heat sheets will be emailed to coaches. No additional changes will be made.
OPEN 100 METER DASH and 800 METER RUN: There will be an open 100 meter dash and an open 800 meter run available to athletes who are not admitted into a championship event. There are no entry standards. Unlimited entries are allowed. Enter athletes as if they are running the championship events. They will be automatically moved to the open if they do not qualify. Athletes not admitted into distance events (800/1600/3200) will be automatically entered into the open 800. Athletes not admitted into sprint, hurdle, and jumping events will be automatically entered in the open 100.
3200 METER RUN: The 3200 meter run will be contested on Saturday, May 2 in conjunction with the Run for the Roses 3200. The championship heats (for the top 16 entries) will be contested first, followed by open, mixed gender heats. There is no entry limit or time standard for the open 3200.
FROSH/SOPH 4x400 RELAY: Open to all freshmen and sophomores, including those competing in championship events. Contested between the 200 meter dash and the championship 4x400 relay.
Please do not enter athletes unless those athletes are definitely competing in each event (or let the meet director know about any scratches as soon as possible). Excessive meet day no-shows may lead to restrictions in future entries for offending programs.
Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, not the timing company or Milesplit.
RULES OF COMPETITION:
1. 8 places will be scored in all championship events (10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1). Open events are not scored.
2. Competitor numbers will be emailed to all coaches. These must be clearly written on the back of each athletes right hand. No athlete will be allowed to compete without a competitor number.
3. The competition area (inside the fence surrounding the track) is restricted to coaches and athletes competing in an event. Spectators, team camps, etc. are not allowed inside the fence.
4. When applicable, we will use the same staggers to be used in the State Meet.
5. Opening height for the high jump is 5-6 for boys and 4-4 for girls. Opening height for the pole vault is at the discretion of the pole vault official.
REPORTING TO EVENTS:
1. Athletes must report to the clerk at the first call for their event. Running event athletes will check in with the clerk, field event athletes will check in at the location of their event.
2. Athletes who do not report to their event by the third (final) call will be scratched from the event.
3. If an athlete is competing in a field and a running event at the same time, it is the responsibility of the athlete to communicate any potential conflict with the respective field event official and check-in clerk and resolve that conflict (e.g. changing the jump-order so that an athlete can compete in a running event).
SATURDAY, MAY 2, 2020
8:00 Girls Championship 3200m run (top 16 entries)
8:15 Boys Championship 3200m run (top 16 entries)
8:30 Boys/Girls Open 3200m run (heats based on time)
TUESDAY, MAY 5, 2020
Rolling schedule with estimated times. Girls before boys unless noted. Running events are timed finals.
Coaches Meeting at finish line: 4:30 pm
Field Events (5:00pm)
Shot Put (Boys then girls)
Long Jump (Girls then boys)
High Jump (Girls then boys)
Pole Vault (Boys then girls)
Discus (Girls then boys)
Triple Jump (Boys then girls)
Open Running Events (5:00 pm)
5:00 Open 800m run
5:20 Open 100m dash
Championship Running Events (6:00pm)
6:00 4 x 800m relay
6:30 100/110m hurdles
6:40 100m dash
6:50 4 x 200m relay
7:10 1600m run
7:25 4 x 100m relay
7:35 400m run
7:45 300m hurdles
7:55 800m run
8:10 200m dash
8:20 Freshman/sophomore 4x400 relay
8:40 Championship 4 x 400 relay
- No discussions yet. Be the first!