Early season meets and coronavirus?
03/13/2020 3:29:50 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
So anyone planning to NOT hold early season meets given the coronavirus? Any thoughts on MSHSAA's response to the spring season?
So anyone planning to NOT hold early season meets given the coronavirus?

Any thoughts on MSHSAA's response to the spring season?
03/13/2020 10:58:53 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@esnich Counties in Southwest Missouri have their health departments starting to recommend not having events of more than 250 people. With that being said, will meets start canceling and/ or uninviting the majority of their participating schools?
@esnich
Counties in Southwest Missouri have their health departments starting to recommend not having events of more than 250 people. With that being said, will meets start canceling and/ or uninviting the majority of their participating schools?
03/14/2020 8:21:17 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@chester1976 In the old days, almost all the early season meets were duals, tris and quads. It would make sense to do again.
@chester1976
In the old days, almost all the early season meets were duals, tris and quads. It would make sense to do again.
03/14/2020 1:17:39 PM
Coach
My guess is locally that meets will be held without spectators. Meet officials, courtesy workers, coaches and athletes only. They may also limit fields.
My guess is locally that meets will be held without spectators. Meet officials, courtesy workers, coaches and athletes only. They may also limit fields.
03/14/2020 8:16:48 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I know people don't want to think this, but I'm sitting here going over our time trial results and our mock meet thinking about how excited the kids were yesterday during it and in the back of my mind I keep thinking that might be the only excitement they get this season. I hope all of you and your families, schools, and teams are healthy and stay healthy and I get to see many of you out on the track and in the fields this spring.
I know people don't want to think this, but I'm sitting here going over our time trial results and our mock meet thinking about how excited the kids were yesterday during it and in the back of my mind I keep thinking that might be the only excitement they get this season.

I hope all of you and your families, schools, and teams are healthy and stay healthy and I get to see many of you out on the track and in the fields this spring.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.