State course
11/01/2018 11:49:10 AM
Coach
Not open until the first race? Where are athletes allowed to warm up at? Anywhere except within the lines of the course? What are the changes to the course? Very vague to not note what they are.
Not open until the first race? Where are athletes allowed to warm up at? Anywhere except within the lines of the course?
What are the changes to the course? Very vague to not note what they are.
11/01/2018 11:52:51 AM
Coach
Here is the info that was sent out in case someone did not get the email that TheInformant is referring to: TO:All Cross Country Coaches Athletic Directors of Cross Country Schools FROM:Don Maurer, MSHSAA SUBJECT:State Cross Country Course DATE:November 1, 2018 After close inspection of the cross country course and due to the rain that Jefferson City has received this week, there will be NO ACCESS to the state cross country course on Friday, November 2, 2018. The course will not be available until Saturday morning at race time. This is in an effort to preserve the course so that it can be in the best shape possible for the championship races on Saturday. Also, please note that there will be NO ACESS to tent city until Saturday morning at 7:00 a.m. To clarify, no tents can be set up until Saturday morning at 7:00 a.m. Again, this is in an effort to preserve the course as much as possible. Please note that the course has basically stayed the same; however, due to the conditions of the grounds, some minor changes have been made to the course. Key Notes: •NO access to cross country course on Friday, November 2, 2018. •The course will open for the first race on Saturday, November 3, 2018, at 9:00 a.m. •NO access to tent city until Saturday, November 3, 2018, at 7:00 a.m. •Minor changes have been made to the course due to the conditions of the grounds. Best of luck to all athletes this weekend! DM/dcs
Here is the info that was sent out in case someone did not get the email that TheInformant is referring to:

TO:All Cross Country Coaches
Athletic Directors of Cross Country Schools
SUBJECT:State Cross Country Course
DATE:November 1, 2018

After close inspection of the cross country course and due to the rain that Jefferson City has received this week, there will be NO ACCESS to the state cross country course on Friday, November 2, 2018. The course will not be available until Saturday morning at race time. This is in an effort to preserve the course so that it can be in the best shape possible for the championship races on Saturday.

Also, please note that there will be NO ACESS to tent city until Saturday morning at 7:00 a.m. To clarify, no tents can be set up until Saturday morning at 7:00 a.m. Again, this is in an effort to preserve the course as much as possible.

Please note that the course has basically stayed the same; however, due to the conditions of the grounds, some minor changes have been made to the course.

Key Notes:
•NO access to cross country course on Friday, November 2, 2018.
•The course will open for the first race on Saturday, November 3, 2018, at 9:00 a.m.
•NO access to tent city until Saturday, November 3, 2018, at 7:00 a.m.
•Minor changes have been made to the course due to the conditions of the grounds.

Best of luck to all athletes this weekend!

DM/dcs
11/01/2018 12:08:15 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Pretty sizable disadvantage to freshmen and move-ins who have never seen the State Course before. Especially to those in the Class 4 Girls Race who run at 9am...
Pretty sizable disadvantage to freshmen and move-ins who have never seen the State Course before. Especially to those in the Class 4 Girls Race who run at 9am...
11/01/2018 12:45:22 PM
Coach
Whether you think it is a disadvantage OR you don't think it is a disadvantage, you are right. Choose your own destiny.
Whether you think it is a disadvantage OR you don't think it is a disadvantage, you are right. Choose your own destiny.
11/01/2018 12:57:26 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Tent City is opening at 7AM so you can still warm up at Oak Hills, just not on the actual course from what I gather from the email. I just RT'd a video from Chris Auckley on the MileSplit Twitter that is a tour of the course. It's not as good as jogging it, but it will be better than nothing for those who haven't been there.
Tent City is opening at 7AM so you can still warm up at Oak Hills, just not on the actual course from what I gather from the email. I just RT'd a video from Chris Auckley on the MileSplit Twitter that is a tour of the course. It's not as good as jogging it, but it will be better than nothing for those who haven't been there.
11/01/2018 1:43:58 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
For those not on Twitter, here is a link to YouTube, as well. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adoJ_ue6xjg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adoJ_ue6xjg[/url]
For those not on Twitter, here is a link to YouTube, as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adoJ_ue6xjg
11/01/2018 1:49:17 PM
Coach
@R-Taylor Better have extra security out there to protect in between those lines prior to 9 a.m. ;)
@R-Taylor
Better have extra security out there to protect in between those lines prior to 9 a.m. ;)
11/01/2018 1:51:34 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Big_Al_2112 Dynamite Drop in, Monty... :) The Meme would've been better; however, I couldn't get it to work on here. I know what you are saying, and we will do our best with and for her, but the reality is that some of the younger kids who have never seen it before would have benefited from being on it the day before. Instead, we will hope a video and some morning of "job-training" will be enough.
@Big_Al_2112

Dynamite Drop in, Monty... :)

The Meme would've been better; however, I couldn't get it to work on here.

I know what you are saying, and we will do our best with and for her, but the reality is that some of the younger kids who have never seen it before would have benefited from being on it the day before. Instead, we will hope a video and some morning of "job-training" will be enough.
11/01/2018 2:02:23 PM
Coach
@GVEaglesXC LOL [url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=23kFiqFiOlA[/url]
11/01/2018 2:04:33 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachSwift THANKS!! :)
@CoachSwift

THANKS!! :)
11/01/2018 3:05:04 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Does anybody have ideas for parks or good places to run in Jefferson City on Friday? Thanks in advance!
Does anybody have ideas for parks or good places to run in Jefferson City on Friday? Thanks in advance!
11/01/2018 3:53:53 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I really wish they would email parking passes for vans to us so we didn't have to try to retrieve them when we're trying to drop off our kids. Seems odd to me. We're staying in Osage Beach and I don't really want to drive to Jefferson City just to pick up our parking passes.
I really wish they would email parking passes for vans to us so we didn't have to try to retrieve them when we're trying to drop off our kids. Seems odd to me. We're staying in Osage Beach and I don't really want to drive to Jefferson City just to pick up our parking passes.
11/01/2018 4:23:45 PM
Coach
@chester1976 If they can email stuff like this out regarding the course, they could have easily attached a parking pass for coaches.
@chester1976
If they can email stuff like this out regarding the course, they could have easily attached a parking pass for coaches.
11/01/2018 5:07:14 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coachmoran We plan on doing our shake out run on the Katy Trail North Jefferson City Spur. Directions to a lot can be found here: North Jefferson City Recreation Area [url=https://maps.google.com/?cid=16311570937795950559]https://maps.google.com/?cid=16311570937795950559[/url]
@coachmoran

We plan on doing our shake out run on the Katy Trail North Jefferson City Spur. Directions to a lot can be found here:

North Jefferson City Recreation Area
https://maps.google.com/?cid=16311570937795950559
11/01/2018 6:00:15 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=chester1976]I really wish they would email parking passes for vans to us so we didn't have to try to retrieve them when we're trying to drop off our kids. Seems odd to me. We're staying in Osage Beach and I don't really want to drive to Jefferson City just to pick up our parking passes.[/quote] They told me today that the van passed are not paper passes therefore they are not something that can be e-mailed. This doesn’t help you, but they are letting us pick our’s up at the MSHSAA Office since we are staying in Columbia. This may help someone else.
chester1976 wrote:

They told me today that the van passed are not paper passes therefore they are not something that can be e-mailed. This doesn't help you, but they are letting us pick our's up at the MSHSAA Office since we are staying in Columbia. This may help someone else.
11/01/2018 8:52:08 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=chester1976]I really wish they would email parking passes for vans to us so we didn't have to try to retrieve them when we're trying to drop off our kids. Seems odd to me. We're staying in Osage Beach and I don't really want to drive to Jefferson City just to pick up our parking passes.[/quote] If there's a difficult way to do things or one that's not in the best interest of our athletes, that's usually the way MSHSAA chooses to do them.
chester1976 wrote:

If there's a difficult way to do things or one that's not in the best interest of our athletes, that's usually the way MSHSAA chooses to do them.
11/01/2018 9:57:39 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I have a parking pass this weekend as a clerk at the starting line that is cardstock to hang on my rearview mirror. If I lose it, I walk from the KofC lot and pay my fee. I am ignorant here, but if they are able to email a parking pass to the head coach of any school that wants one, what prevents that from being printed out by many, many others? Help me.
I have a parking pass this weekend as a clerk at the starting line that is cardstock to hang on my rearview mirror. If I lose it, I walk from the KofC lot and pay my fee.
I am ignorant here, but if they are able to email a parking pass to the head coach of any school that wants one, what prevents that from being printed out by many, many others? Help me.
11/01/2018 10:15:16 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Hays Not sure. Just not completely understanding how I'm supposed to pull up to the team drop off, leave my vehicle, go show my letter and ID, pick up my pass???
@Hays
Not sure. Just not completely understanding how I'm supposed to pull up to the team drop off, leave my vehicle, go show my letter and ID, pick up my pass???
11/01/2018 10:16:14 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
In '94 we jogged about 2 hours before race time around the perimeter of course--not on it--to see the "lay of the land." The evening before we had stood and looked from the pavilion, and the one kid who had run it the year before explained it with additions from the two of us coaches. We warmed up in the subdivision nearby--but I don't recommend that. I also conferred with my dad and former college roommate who were coaching at Lutheran South--their advice helped quite a bit, too--and they won the team title in Class 3. Our girl won the Class 1A/2A race in the rain and mud. When we could not run on the course prior to the 5C Invite about 4 years ago, we did the same thing--looked at the course from afar, talked about it, and then we went to Katy Trail just north of Jeff City. It was an absolutely beautiful evening with azure skies, long shadows--and running along those cliffs was quite memorable. The kids come back and still talk about that evening--and did run well the next day. When we arrive after something like this, we always check out the last 700M as we walk in to the meet and discuss how the course's sections are similar to other courses we've run on. Best of luck to all. We run in races 6 and 8--so I'm hoping there'll be a little grass left to tiptoe on to get to the last race up Firehouse Hill.
In '94 we jogged about 2 hours before race time around the perimeter of course--not on it--to see the "lay of the land." The evening before we had stood and looked from the pavilion, and the one kid who had run it the year before explained it with additions from the two of us coaches. We warmed up in the subdivision nearby--but I don't recommend that. I also conferred with my dad and former college roommate who were coaching at Lutheran South--their advice helped quite a bit, too--and they won the team title in Class 3. Our girl won the Class 1A/2A race in the rain and mud.
When we could not run on the course prior to the 5C Invite about 4 years ago, we did the same thing--looked at the course from afar, talked about it, and then we went to Katy Trail just north of Jeff City. It was an absolutely beautiful evening with azure skies, long shadows--and running along those cliffs was quite memorable. The kids come back and still talk about that evening--and did run well the next day. When we arrive after something like this, we always check out the last 700M as we walk in to the meet and discuss how the course's sections are similar to other courses we've run on. Best of luck to all. We run in races 6 and 8--so I'm hoping there'll be a little grass left to tiptoe on to get to the last race up Firehouse Hill.
11/01/2018 10:28:38 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=chester1976]@Hays Not sure. Just not completely understanding how I'm supposed to pull up to the team drop off, leave my vehicle, go show my letter and ID, pick up my pass???[/quote] I don't either, boss. Good topic for next week. If you do not pass that on to Liz, I will bring up. BTW, I have the cardstock "hanger" because a month ago MSHSAA knew I would be there. With qualifying last weekend, I do not know if it could be done. If you think it can, let me know.
chester1976 wrote:
@Hays
Not sure. Just not completely understanding how I'm supposed to pull up to the team drop off, leave my vehicle, go show my letter and ID, pick up my pass???

I don't either, boss. Good topic for next week. If you do not pass that on to Liz, I will bring up.
BTW, I have the cardstock "hanger" because a month ago MSHSAA knew I would be there. With qualifying last weekend, I do not know if it could be done. If you think it can, let me know.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.