News from the world of middle school over the last week.
Movers and Shakers of Week 3
Race Footage and an interview with Boys Winner Chase Geary from the Purple Strider Invitational
KYtrackXC.com will be Live On-Site for the Purple Strider Invitational. This meet is typically held in what feels like the blazing heat, but not this year (high is...
KYtrackXC.com has T-Shirts! For the 2012 XC season, there is a brand new design. Available right now is the color Sport Grey. It might be possible to get another...
Additional InformationYou and your teams are invited to the 4th running of the Purple Strider
Invitational on September 8th at Kereiakes Park in Bowling Green, Kentucky. It is a
challenging course, but fast. The course provides easy viewing of races for coaches,
families, and fans to watch and cheer. Race distances will be 5K for high school, 4K for
boys JV and a 4K for girls JV, 3K for middle school, and 2K for elementary.
5K is 2 laps counter clockwise
4K is 2 lap clockwise
3K is 1 lap counter clockwise
2K is 1 lap clockwise
We will limit our field to 20 teams. We average 18-24 teams each year so get your
entries in early.
Results will be posted and given out at the end of the meet. Please be patient.
There will be concessions available and t-shirts for sale.
Entry Deadline: Registration should be received by Thursday September 6th.
HYTEK entry and scoring will be used.
Send entries to: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
• Elementary race: Entry fee for elementary teams is $25.00 (boys and girls teams
are separate.) $5.00 for individuals.
• Middle school race: Entry fee for middle school teams is $35.00 (boys and girls
teams are separate.) $5.00 for individual
• JV 4K race: No charge if running a varsity team. This will be run after the Varsity
• Varsity race: 10 entries for each team; only top 5 from each team can score.
Entry fee for varsity race is $55.00 (boys and girls teams are separate.) $10.00 for
Make checks payable to: Bowling Green Purple Striders.
Send Entry fees to:
3343 Nugget Drive
Bowling Green, Ky. 42104
8:15 a.m. coaches meeting
8:30 a.m. Middle School Girls 3K
9:00 a.m. Middle School Boys 3K
9:30 a.m. Girls Varsity 5K
10:00 a.m. Boys Varsity 5K
10:30 a.m. Girls JV 4K
11:00 a.m. Boys JV 4K
11:30 a.m. Elementary Girls 2K
11:50 a.m. Elementary Boys 2K
All Times are Central
• Elementary awards: Top 2 teams will receive a trophy, top 15 individuals will
receive a T-shirt, and the top 3 runners will receive medals.
• Middle school awards: Top 2 teams will receive a trophy, top 20 individuals will
receive a T-shirt, and top 3 runners will receive medals.
• JV: Top 3 Boys and top 3 Girls will medal and Top 10 Boys and Top 10 Girls
will receive a T-shirt.
• High School awards: Top 3 teams will receive a trophy, top 25 individuals will
receive a T-shirt, and top 5 runners will receive medals.
• From I-65 North, take exit 26 and turn left at the top of the ramp. Kereiakes Park
will be 2 miles on the right.
• From I-65 South, Take exit 26 and turn right at the top of the ramp. Kereiakes
Park will be 2 miles on the right.
Any questions contact Matt Hamilton:
- No discussion yet. Be the first!