Update Monday, August 3rd:
- KHSAA is restricting competition to KY schools and schools from other states that border the KY state line.
- Number of teams/runners per event may change due to future KHSAA announcements.We may adjust our numbers accordingly.
NOTE: We are currently developing guidelines to make GATORLAND a safe event for all participants, spectators and staff. While we continue to work out the details, please note the following high level items we are working towards. Also, please be aware that requirements/guidelines will most likely evolve between now and September 18th-19th.
- Two day meet with HS events on one day and ES/MS on the other day
- Limiting each race to approximately 7 teams of up to 7 runners per team (approximately 50 runners/race)
- No wave starts. We plan to run a traditional race, unless prohibited by KHSAA
- Two HS boys races and two HS girls races as needed
- Two ES boys races and two ES girls races as needed
- One MS boys race and one MS girls race (most likely)
- Due to increased costs to host an event with COVID precautions, entry fees will be increased
- We are working out a plan to allow spectators, but numbers will be limited
Coaches, the Greenwood Cross Country team welcomes you and your runners to our annual Gatorland Run, being held Saturday, September 19th at Phil Moore Park in Bowling Green.
Our course is predominantly on grass with the exception of some gravel under the overpass. Courses are flat and fast (the gravel hill has been eliminated).
TENTATIVE PENDING APPROVALS
Friday, September 18, 2020
4:00 PM - 4:30 PM - HS races begin (TBD)
- Girls Green 5K
- Boys Green 5K
- Girls Gold 5K
- Boys Gold 5K
Saturday, September 19, 2020
- 9:00 AM MS Girls 3K
- 9:25 AM MS Boys 3K
- 9:50 AM ES Girls Green 2K
- 10:10 AM ES Boys Green 2K
- 10:30 AM ES Girls Gold 2K
- 10: 50 AM ES Boys Gold 2K
Note: teams will be required to pay an entry fee for "B" teams/individuals.
Coaches will collect individual awards for their team.
- High School: TBD.
- Middle School: TBD.
- Elementary: TBD.
Mail Entry Fees to:
More information to come on entry fees. Please contact Jef or Michelle before mailing a check.
Greenwood High School
c/o Jef Scott
5065 Scottsville Road
Bowling Green, KY 42104
Please mail entry checks by Sept. 14th or bring day of meet. Make checks payable to "Greenwood Cross Country".
Directions to Phil Moore Park:
From I-65 North, take exit 22 and stay left (231 South) towards Scottsville. Continue on Scottsville Rd for 3 miles. Phil Moore park is located on the right.
From 1-65 South, take exit 20 and stay right (I-165 South) towards Scottsville. Continue on I-165 for 1.8 miles. Turn right on Scottsville Road (231 South). Continue on Scottsville Road for .75 miles. Phil Moore park is located on the right.
Buses can turn into main entrance to unload runners and equipment and will be directed from there.
Those needing accessible parking and with the appropriate vehicle placard will be given priority parking.
Spectator parking will be available at the main entrance on Scottsville Road for spectators. There will be a $5 fee for parking. Buses are free.
New courses pending. Maps will be posted soon.
- No discussions yet. Be the first!