The First KHSAA State Indoor Track Championship will be held March 1-2 in Louisville at the Norton Center. To qualify for this event, you must have a Top 24 time/mark in an event from the 2024 indoor season from meets held starting January 8, 2024.
KYtrackXC.com will be posting an updated list every two weeks of the Top 30 in each event by class for the official events to be competed at the KHSAA Indoor State Championship. The first list is linked below.
- We chose 30 to show how close people are to making the Top 24
- Only two can qualify from a school at the end of the season but the list we will publish includes all top times/marks even if they are the 3rd or 4th for a team since there is a chance the 1st or 2nd competitor from a school might not participate in that event.
KHSAA Released Information about the State Championship
STATE ENTRIES AND QUALIFYING
- Due to the lack of indoor facilities across the state of Kentucky to conduct regional qualifying meets, the KHSAA will utilize documented regular-season indoor performances to be considered for state qualifiers as follows:
- The best 24 times/performances (while representing a KHSAA member school) including ties per class to be considered qualifiers for the dashes and runs
- There will be a limit per school of 2 individuals and 1 relay per event.
- The best 24 times/performances (while representing a KHSAA member school) plus ties to be considered qualifiers for the field events.
- There will be a limit per school of 2 individuals per field event.
- To accomplish this task, the following steps were approved:
- The KHSAA will continue to utilize Milesplit as the exclusive, official source of entry/qualifying.
- Coaches and designated representatives would need to be sure times are submitted by a specific deadline (TBD) to an athlete's profile on Milesplit.
- All athletes must have a qualifying time/mark while representing the KHSAA member school.
- Additional details about how meets count can be found in Bylaw 23.
- All qualifying performances must be from an indoor meet in 2024 within the limitation of seasons, January 8 - the deadline for entry.
- Athletes in all events, including pole vault, must have at least one performance time/mark to qualify for state (while representing the school).