Region 2 AAA will be hosted by Greenwood High School at Phil Moore Park in Bowling Green, KY Friday, October 23rd, 2020.
Schedule Friday, October 23, 2020:
- 4:15 PM CT - First Call Girls
- 4:25 PM CT - Final Call, report to start line with masks up, no coaches, no run-outs, no gear or water bottles
- 4:30 PM CT - Girls 5K Championship Race
- 5:00 PM CT - First Call Boys
- 5:10 PM CT - Final Call, report to start line with masks up, no coaches, no run-outs, no gear or water bottles
- 5:15 PM CT - Boys 5K Championship Race
Safety protocol for COVID:
We will be following the same safety protocols implemented at Gatorland, including the separation of spectators and athletes.
Masks/face coverings will be worn at all times by everyone (athletes, coaches, volunteers and spectators).
Admission is $5 per person, 5 and under is free.
By entering the spectator area, you are agreeing to properly wear your face covering AT ALL TIMES while in the spectator area. This means covering your nose and mouth This is not about political parties. This is a requirement we have been given in order to allow spectators at the region meet. Our other option was "no spectators allowed".
NOTE: Completing either of these forms in advance will speed your entry on race day. You must bring the completed form with you or show your email response at the spectator gate. One form required for each spectator.
Packet Pick-Up (green shed at finish line):
- One coach per school to pick up packets
- Inhaler forms to be dropped off at packet pick-up
- Appeal forms will be located at packet pick-up as needed
- Awards will be picked up from here by a coach
- Chips to be turned in here by a coach
- Entry fee is $33 per school.
- Enter 10 athletes per gender. You will declare your 7 runners on race day at packet pick-up.
- Expired: Sun, Oct 18, 10:59 PM CT (11:59 PM ET) - KHSAA Post-Season Roster due (contact your AD for assistance) WARNING: KHSAA can impose a $100 fine for changes after deadline.
- Expired: Mon, Oct 19, 8:00 PM CT (9:00 PM ET) - entries must be completed by this date
- Complete: Tue, Oct 20 - we will publish the preliminary performance list to coaches, KHSAA and ListServ
- Wed, Oct 21, 8:00 PM CT (9:00 PM ET) - objections/challenges of any entries due by this date
- Thu, Oct 22 - we will publish the final performance list to coaches, KHSAA and ListServ
State Meet Advancement:
Top 5 teams and the first 5 individuals will advance to the Kentucky State Meet.
Jury of Appeals:
- Larry Gardner, Meade County
- Joe Dan Laster, Logan County
- Tim Pennington, Central Hardin
- Terry Reed, Barren County (alternate)
- Timer will be Slipstream Timing, Brian Buckner
- Live results at www.slipstreamtiming.com
- Chip timing (shoe chips), coaches to collect chips and return to packet pick-up
- $15 charge for each non-returned chip.
- Only coaches will be allowed to collect awards for his or her team. Awards will be located at packet pick-up.
- Team trophy to 1st and 2nd place teams.
- Gold medal to individual champion, Silver medal to runner-up and bronze medals for 3rd-8th place finishers.
- There will be NO LEAD VEHICLE per KHSAA region requirements, so please review the course with your team. The entire course is roped, so there should be no issues/confusion on where to go.
- Only 2 coaches per team allowed on course during each race.
- Phil Moore Park 5K Course Map
- All media, team or public, must preregister
- Google form link
- Media is only allowed in the spectator area.
- NO MEDIA ALLOWED IN TEAM AREA per KHSAA region requirements.
Region long sleeve T-shirts will be available for $20 in both, spectator and team areas.
If any teams wish to pre-order, please contact us.
In the event that you have any questions concerning the online registration process, please do the following in the order prescribed:
1. Check this link for any helpful tips: www.milesplit.com/pages/Online_Meet_Reg_Instructions
2. Contact Chris Hawboldt at email@example.com
Please do not wait until the last minute to get your entries submitted.
Deadline is October 21 at 8:59PM
- No discussions yet. Be the first!