Parking in the field?
10/30/2021 9:58:58 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
With all the rain I’m sure parking will be a problem. Any plans on helping stuck vehicles?
With all the rain I'm sure parking will be a problem. Any plans on helping stuck vehicles?
11/01/2021 9:54:32 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@snewsome1 Im not going to dig too far into it because these discussion boards here are not very active anymore. But this new version of the state meet has endless problems. The officials friday couldn't even agree on a runout rule or a watch rule. We have to walk up a steep hill both ways with the tent in gravel and grass (mud this year). Tickets are a rip off. And it's basically impossible for handicap spectators to attend. Where did the stage we used to use go? Awards ceremony has been taken down to nothing. And we all know the parking issues. $13 a person to attend with little to no cost to rent out the field. Where is all the money going? It's not going back into our state championship that's for sure.
@snewsome1

Im not going to dig too far into it because these discussion boards here are not very active anymore. But this new version of the state meet has endless problems. The officials friday couldn't even agree on a runout rule or a watch rule. We have to walk up a steep hill both ways with the tent in gravel and grass (mud this year). Tickets are a rip off. And it's basically impossible for handicap spectators to attend. Where did the stage we used to use go? Awards ceremony has been taken down to nothing. And we all know the parking issues. $13 a person to attend with little to no cost to rent out the field. Where is all the money going? It's not going back into our state championship that's for sure.
11/01/2021 9:58:45 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Why not hold the meet at Sawyer state park. They are used to dealing with parking and traffic issues having hosted multiple national and regional meets.
Why not hold the meet at Sawyer state park. They are used to dealing with parking and traffic issues having hosted multiple national and regional meets.
11/01/2021 10:06:59 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
We had one guy tell us watches would not be allowed and another tell us they would be. Who's running this? I ran into one guy who was sitting and counting people who were wiping out in the mud. When I left he was up to 11. He missed me. I agree that this course has multiple problems not the least is the traffic in and out. Why is there only one way in with that being the way to exit as well? The only good thing about it is that it is cheap.
We had one guy tell us watches would not be allowed and another tell us they would be. Who's running this?
I ran into one guy who was sitting and counting people who were wiping out in the mud. When I left he was up to 11. He missed me.
I agree that this course has multiple problems not the least is the traffic in and out. Why is there only one way in with that being the way to exit as well?
The only good thing about it is that it is cheap.
11/01/2021 10:23:39 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@jtuttlemd On friday, we had 3 different officials give us 3 different run out instructions. And ofcourse (as tradition goes), an official started yelling at us to get back on the line after another said we can run out. One official didn't even have an answer for the watch/timing rule. He just said he didn't know
@jtuttlemd

On friday, we had 3 different officials give us 3 different run out instructions. And ofcourse (as tradition goes), an official started yelling at us to get back on the line after another said we can run out. One official didn't even have an answer for the watch/timing rule. He just said he didn't know
11/03/2021 5:31:10 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@tcrunrun Let’s assume 1400 runners with 2 spectators each. 2800 x $12 = $38k at the minimum. Plus concessions So at least $40k income. I’d say the most expensive cost was the timer first, awards, then officials, security, then miscellaneous supplies. I know the fine people of Bourbon County don’t charge much for the facility, they are great BTW. I’d say profits for the KHSAA were at least $20k. I’m going with a low estimates, it’s probably more.
@tcrunrun
Let's assume 1400 runners with 2 spectators each. 2800 x $12 = $38k at the minimum. Plus concessions
So at least $40k income. I'd say the most expensive cost was the timer first, awards, then officials, security, then miscellaneous supplies. I know the fine people of Bourbon County don't charge much for the facility, they are great BTW.
I'd say profits for the KHSAA were at least $20k. I'm going with a low estimates, it's probably more.
11/03/2021 9:00:49 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I’m surprised they didn’t threaten to have you disqualified.
I'm surprised they didn't threaten to have you disqualified.
11/03/2021 9:03:52 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The facility is awful plus it gives one team a distinct advantage by bein able to practice on it throughout the season.
The facility is awful plus it gives one team a distinct advantage by bein able to practice on it throughout the season.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.