AAA state meet on graduation day for a lot of students.
04/14/2019 6:00:38 AM
Coach
June 1st for 3A state track meet? Same day a lot of high schooler's are graduating. Are the dates hopefully wrong?
June 1st for 3A state track meet? Same day a lot of high schooler's are graduating. Are the dates hopefully wrong?
04/15/2019 12:45:42 PM
Coach
@bbmjrichards June 1 as the date of the Class AAA State Meet is correct. I looked into this process last year, and learned that school districts tend to set their graduation dates after it's clear how many snow days they'll have. That often occurs in early March. The State Meet date was announced well in advance of this, which means school districts chose to set graduation on the day of the State Meet, I'm sure unwittingly, and not the other way around. To avoid this, coaches need to be in contact with the school and work for what would be an obviously better outcome for track kids.
@bbmjrichards

June 1 as the date of the Class AAA State Meet is correct.

I looked into this process last year, and learned that school districts tend to set their graduation dates after it's clear how many snow days they'll have. That often occurs in early March. The State Meet date was announced well in advance of this, which means school districts chose to set graduation on the day of the State Meet, I'm sure unwittingly, and not the other way around. To avoid this, coaches need to be in contact with the school and work for what would be an obviously better outcome for track kids.
05/18/2019 11:09:55 PM
Coach
@professor I report to my administration the date for State finals as soon as they are released every year. I have not had to experience this situation since doing so.
@professor

I report to my administration the date for State finals as soon as they are released every year. I have not had to experience this situation since doing so.
05/19/2019 9:52:28 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Professor,after five years it's good to have you back. Are you still teaching and coaching? I might start subscribing again.
Professor,after five years it's good to have you back.

Are you still teaching and coaching?

I might start subscribing again.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.