How about Kianna Gray & J T
06/10/2016 12:05:32 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
How about Kianna Gray running the 2nd fastest qualifying time in her first ever NCAA Championship? Jacob Thomson finishing 6th in the 10K! Way to represent KY Track and Field!! Congrats to these two. Good luck to Kianna in the finals!
How about Kianna Gray running the 2nd fastest qualifying time in her first ever NCAA Championship? Jacob Thomson finishing 6th in the 10K! Way to represent KY Track and Field!! Congrats to these two. Good luck to Kianna in the finals!
06/10/2016 9:44:27 AM
Coach
And not to mention Ronnie Baker running the fastest 100m qualifying time to not make the finals. Due to the top 2 advance out of each heat plus next two fastest times, his 6th place semi-final time of 10.09 did not qualify him for the final (by a painful 0.001 seconds). On a related note, I do with the advancement procedures could be changed, especially for sprints. I am OK with the heat winners advancing, but then the next qualifiers should be based on time, not place. Also, Kianna was also a member of the UK 4x100 team that qualified with the 5th fastest time for the final and ran the 200m, placing 12th. Not bad work for a true freshman.
And not to mention Ronnie Baker running the fastest 100m qualifying time to not make the finals. Due to the top 2 advance out of each heat plus next two fastest times, his 6th place semi-final time of 10.09 did not qualify him for the final (by a painful 0.001 seconds).

On a related note, I do with the advancement procedures could be changed, especially for sprints. I am OK with the heat winners advancing, but then the next qualifiers should be based on time, not place.

Also, Kianna was also a member of the UK 4x100 team that qualified with the 5th fastest time for the final and ran the 200m, placing 12th. Not bad work for a true freshman.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.