upset in Class AAA
11/07/2015 2:41:03 PM
User
I would call this a upset even through somebody will disagree. No one saw this coming Daviess and Male one and two. This make the sport fun when you can't also predict base on a computer info.
I would call this a upset even through somebody will disagree. No one saw this coming Daviess and Male one and two. This make the sport fun when you can't also predict base on a computer info.
11/07/2015 9:16:05 PM
Coach
I would totally agree. Great to see some other schools in the top spots for a change. No offense to Sacred Heart and Assumption as we know they are great teams that could win if this race were run again next weekend. But it makes things more interesting to see a little mix up. My guess is this competition will both challenge and motivate these programs to work even harder. A majority of the top teams from the meet today are young and have a most of their runners coming back. Nothing will get any easier for any team or individual looking to get on the podium next year.
I would totally agree. Great to see some other schools in the top spots for a change. No offense to Sacred Heart and Assumption as we know they are great teams that could win if this race were run again next weekend. But it makes things more interesting to see a little mix up. My guess is this competition will both challenge and motivate these programs to work even harder. A majority of the top teams from the meet today are young and have a most of their runners coming back. Nothing will get any easier for any team or individual looking to get on the podium next year.
11/08/2015 12:30:19 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I truly don't believe Coach Fortney would call this an upset. This was one of the best coaching jobs I've ever had the pleasure to watch through the course of the year. He also took little known Muhlenberg Co to a win at State before coming coach at Daviess. Uphill battle yes, upset NO.
I truly don't believe Coach Fortney would call this an upset. This was one of the best coaching jobs I've ever had the pleasure to watch through the course of the year. He also took little known Muhlenberg Co to a win at State before coming coach at Daviess. Uphill battle yes, upset NO.
11/08/2015 1:40:53 PM
User
When I see two public school finish one and two in Class AAA girls Cross country this is a upset sir! When was the last time that happen? Most people would have say Sacred Heart and who running for second place.
When I see two public school finish one and two in Class AAA girls Cross country this is a upset sir! When was the last time that happen? Most people would have say Sacred Heart and who running for second place.
11/08/2015 1:57:53 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@mbrooks35 Totally agree with where you are coming from.
@mbrooks35 Totally agree with where you are coming from.
11/08/2015 11:29:07 PM
User
What I want to know is what happened to Sacred Heart and Assumption? Just a couple weeks ago they were running great and it's like they didn't even show up Saturday.
What I want to know is what happened to Sacred Heart and Assumption? Just a couple weeks ago they were running great and it's like they didn't even show up Saturday.
11/09/2015 10:29:35 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@GrizzlyAdams I don't think anything "happened" to them. They didn't run their best races, but they didn't bomb, either. DC and Male ran exceptional races. The way DC ran Saturday, I don't think SHA or Assumption would have beaten them in any case.
@GrizzlyAdams

I don't think anything "happened" to them. They didn't run their best races, but they didn't bomb, either. DC and Male ran exceptional races. The way DC ran Saturday, I don't think SHA or Assumption would have beaten them in any case.
11/09/2015 10:23:16 PM
Coach
The DCHS girls have worked very hard starting in Middle School and Coach Fortney is a great Coach!!! So a surprise finish? Yes but not totally unexpected.... Just glad to see hard work pay off!
The DCHS girls have worked very hard starting in Middle School and Coach Fortney is a great Coach!!! So a surprise finish? Yes but not totally unexpected....

Just glad to see hard work pay off!
11/10/2015 9:12:08 AM
User
After the great race DC ran on Saturday, they are still 3rd in the rankings on here. I would say that qualifies as an upset.
After the great race DC ran on Saturday, they are still 3rd in the rankings on here. I would say that qualifies as an upset.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.