Middle School Race of the Year
10/16/2015 7:29:57 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I was fortunate to attend the MS race of the year last night at Muhlenberg Co Pony Express, and the race of the year by two of Western Ky's finest. The race between Jonah Mitchell and Tomas Duncan was a duel to the finish. Tomas took the lead early but Mitchell however surprised continued to pull up to Tomas several times during the race but just could not pull even with Tomas winning. Mitchell and Tomas are seriously mentally and physically as strong as any seasoned varsity runners I know. When the dust cleared there were nothing but high fives and handshakes between those two. The only thing that would have been better, is if Wes Grogan could have made the race. Classy kids and one of the reason XC is the best sport around. Coach Culbertson puts on the best show and meet in all of Western Ky from the dance music to Trophies. Pink was the color of the night as many of the kids and parents wore pink shirts, socks head bands and painted hair to honor those who have battled cancer and rocked it out all night. Thanks for a Great meet Coach.!!
I was fortunate to attend the MS race of the year last night at Muhlenberg Co Pony Express, and the race of the year by two of Western Ky's finest. The race between Jonah Mitchell and Tomas Duncan was a duel to the finish. Tomas took the lead early but Mitchell however surprised continued to pull up to Tomas several times during the race but just could not pull even with Tomas winning. Mitchell and Tomas are seriously mentally and physically as strong as any seasoned varsity runners I know. When the dust cleared there were nothing but high fives and handshakes between those two. The only thing that would have been better, is if Wes Grogan could have made the race. Classy kids and one of the reason XC is the best sport around. Coach Culbertson puts on the best show and meet in all of Western Ky from the dance music to Trophies. Pink was the color of the night as many of the kids and parents wore pink shirts, socks head bands and painted hair to honor those who have battled cancer and rocked it out all night. Thanks for a Great meet Coach.!!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.