Runners at GSP this summer
05/30/2014 12:02:07 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
As usual I am sure many of our fine rising senior runners will be attending Governor's Scholars this summer. I'll have 2 runners at Bellarmine: [url=http://ky.milesplit.com/athletes/2179063-kyla-scanlon]Kyla Scanlon [/url] [url=http://ky.milesplit.com/athletes/2195485-greg-milburn]Greg Milburn[/url] Great pair that will be looking for some training partners!
As usual I am sure many of our fine rising senior runners will be attending Governor's Scholars this summer.

I'll have 2 runners at Bellarmine:
Kyla Scanlon
Greg Milburn

Great pair that will be looking for some training partners!
05/30/2014 12:40:29 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@theMike Hannah Herd will also be at Bellarmine - so there is the start of a training group :-)
@theMike

Hannah Herd will also be at Bellarmine - so there is the start of a training group
05/30/2014 8:59:26 PM
User
To future GSP runners, Meeting other GSP runners and training together is an awesome experience and makes your senior seasons so much more fun. Going to meets and seeing old friends makes it absolutely special. Sincerely, Former GSP runner
To future GSP runners,

Meeting other GSP runners and training together is an awesome experience and makes your senior seasons so much more fun. Going to meets and seeing old friends makes it absolutely special.

Sincerely,
Former GSP runner
05/30/2014 9:51:50 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Jordan Carrington will be at Bellarmine. Also a little concerned how Bellarmine is the smallest campus and how that plays into being able to get sufficient miles in
Jordan Carrington will be at Bellarmine. Also a little concerned how Bellarmine is the smallest campus and how that plays into being able to get sufficient miles in
05/30/2014 11:28:29 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
There is Joe Creason Park right across the street from Bellarmine with multiple running paths and courses. There is also Seneca Park that they can run to by street which is about 1.5 miles from Bellarmine and the roads to the park are all side streets. Many running options while at Bellarmine.
There is Joe Creason Park right across the street from Bellarmine with multiple running paths and courses. There is also Seneca Park that they can run to by street which is about 1.5 miles from Bellarmine and the roads to the park are all side streets. Many running options while at Bellarmine.
05/31/2014 4:28:03 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@GregMetzger I have one at Morehead State....anybody have any runners going there. Her name is Stephanie Russell. Let me know--I know she'd like somebody to train with.
@GregMetzger

I have one at Morehead State....anybody have any runners going there. Her name is Stephanie Russell. Let me know--I know she'd like somebody to train with.
05/31/2014 7:27:34 AM
Coach
Running at GSP all depends on the perimeter they enforce at each campus. If they don't allow GSP kids to leave campus, then yes, Bellarmine is not too big. I had a girl at Bellarmine one year and they didn't let her leave campus. All she could do was run the parking lots, but she still got in her mileage. If they allow them off campus, then yes, Joe Creason is an option. I'm guessing Seneca/Cherokee Park might be too far away though.
Running at GSP all depends on the perimeter they enforce at each campus. If they don't allow GSP kids to leave campus, then yes, Bellarmine is not too big. I had a girl at Bellarmine one year and they didn't let her leave campus. All she could do was run the parking lots, but she still got in her mileage. If they allow them off campus, then yes, Joe Creason is an option. I'm guessing Seneca/Cherokee Park might be too far away though.
05/31/2014 3:48:20 PM
User
@GregMetzger I was at Bellarmine and they haven't allowed students to leave the perimeter for many years and I don't think that'll change this year. Yes, it is relatively small, but the hills you have to navigate on that campus make for a great workout. There is enough flat ground to get some 800 repeats in as well. To be upfront, it's not an ideal situation, but if someone is dedicated enough to their training and willing to get up early it is completely feasible to get significant summer mileage in at Bellarmine. Again, tell them to make a friend and go run every morning and it'll go by quicker as well. :-)
@GregMetzger I was at Bellarmine and they haven't allowed students to leave the perimeter for many years and I don't think that'll change this year. Yes, it is relatively small, but the hills you have to navigate on that campus make for a great workout. There is enough flat ground to get some 800 repeats in as well. To be upfront, it's not an ideal situation, but if someone is dedicated enough to their training and willing to get up early it is completely feasible to get significant summer mileage in at Bellarmine. Again, tell them to make a friend and go run every morning and it'll go by quicker as well.
06/02/2014 12:58:49 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I have two at Murray. Anybody else down that way?
I have two at Murray. Anybody else down that way?
06/02/2014 2:26:22 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@BCrumbo Ben Farber will be there from St. X looking for someone to run with.
@BCrumbo

Ben Farber will be there from St. X looking for someone to run with.
06/03/2014 7:26:48 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Tate Hatfield of Bullitt East will be at Bellarmine also.
Tate Hatfield of Bullitt East will be at Bellarmine also.
06/03/2014 12:09:03 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Ben Young from Tates Creek will be at Morehead State
Ben Young from Tates Creek will be at Morehead State
06/03/2014 12:42:31 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@BCrumbo I have one,Dylan Petiprin, who will be at Murray too.
@BCrumbo I have one,Dylan Petiprin, who will be at Murray too.
06/03/2014 2:14:13 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
2 Solid Cooper Boys will be at Morehead
2 Solid Cooper Boys will be at Morehead
06/05/2014 10:26:49 AM
User
I attended Morehead for GSP last year, and was a part of a running group. It was definitely a great experience! With everything going on, and the small perimeter, it was difficult at times to get in all of our training, but we made it work. The gym has really nice facilities and a 1/10th of a mile indoor track (great for hot days). On numerous runs we completed the 100 lap challenge. Definitely long lasting memories overall!
I attended Morehead for GSP last year, and was a part of a running group. It was definitely a great experience! With everything going on, and the small perimeter, it was difficult at times to get in all of our training, but we made it work. The gym has really nice facilities and a 1/10th of a mile indoor track (great for hot days). On numerous runs we completed the 100 lap challenge. Definitely long lasting memories overall!
06/06/2014 10:42:44 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@toggle Lekha Devara (F - duPont Manual) will be looking for some folks to run with at Morehead this year.
@toggle

Lekha Devara (F - duPont Manual) will be looking for some folks to run with at Morehead this year.
06/06/2014 12:25:08 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@ManualXC If you would like to send me contact info, I'm gonna gather it and send it to all that responded....cordog@mchsi.com if you want to do that.
@ManualXC

If you would like to send me contact info, I'm gonna gather it and send it to all that responded....cordog@mchsi.com if you want to do that.
06/10/2014 12:25:10 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Professor and calrunner, I had no idea about the restrictions on the GSP campuses and where the kids can go/run, but that makes sense from a control and liability perspective. One of the reasons my son, Ben, did not do GSP last year was a concern over training for his Senior Cross Country season (and he planned to go to school out of state). Hopefully, these folks all find some people to run with and aren't negativeky affected by the restrictions.
Professor and calrunner, I had no idea about the restrictions on the GSP campuses and where the kids can go/run, but that makes sense from a control and liability perspective. One of the reasons my son, Ben, did not do GSP last year was a concern over training for his Senior Cross Country season (and he planned to go to school out of state). Hopefully, these folks all find some people to run with and aren't negativeky affected by the restrictions.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.