Could weather effect regionals?
05/08/2014 2:09:12 PM
User
With the upcoming severe weather predicted for tomorrow, what is the liklihood that the regionals (in Muhlenburg at least) be rescheduled? Last year, it was postponed for a very long time and on the verge of being cancled before a late decision to resume had my son running the 3200M around 11:00 pm in the pouring rain (minus the lightening). Does anyone know who will make that decision and when? Is it even a possibility? If it is rescheduled, Saturday may not be an option due to it being rain soaked as well. Thanks in advance for any insight provided.
With the upcoming severe weather predicted for tomorrow, what is the liklihood that the regionals (in Muhlenburg at least) be rescheduled? Last year, it was postponed for a very long time and on the verge of being cancled before a late decision to resume had my son running the 3200M around 11:00 pm in the pouring rain (minus the lightening).

Does anyone know who will make that decision and when? Is it even a possibility? If it is rescheduled, Saturday may not be an option due to it being rain soaked as well.

Thanks in advance for any insight provided.
05/08/2014 3:30:58 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Kraigschell I remember last year! Late night for all. I can tell you that if it DOES get moved, it won't be Saturday due to Muhlenberg's prom. It would have to be Monday or Tuesday. Decision would probably be made tomorrow.
@Kraigschell

I remember last year! Late night for all. I can tell you that if it DOES get moved, it won't be Saturday due to Muhlenberg's prom. It would have to be Monday or Tuesday. Decision would probably be made tomorrow.
05/09/2014 12:03:35 PM
User
@Toggle Just got word the event has been postponed. As far as I know, the rescheduled time has not yet been officially set.
@Toggle
Just got word the event has been postponed. As far as I know, the rescheduled time has not yet been officially set.
05/09/2014 2:30:39 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Kraigschell Monday at 6 pm....with Tuesday and Wednesday as other rain dates if needed.
@Kraigschell

Monday at 6 pm....with Tuesday and Wednesday as other rain dates if needed.
05/10/2014 9:27:24 AM
User
Region 6 3A still running in this crappy weather. Host school failed to schedule a rain date. All these kids are already soaked and we are 30 min away from start. Real nice way to do these athletes
Region 6 3A still running in this crappy weather. Host school failed to schedule a rain date. All these kids are already soaked and we are 30 min away from start. Real nice way to do these athletes
05/10/2014 9:37:15 AM
Coach
@leoso This is one reason why it's good they have that "next best 10" rule for qualifying kids into the State Meet. If a region runs in poor weather, the better relays and kids still have a shot at advancing. They may not make the better sections, but they still make it into State. The kids at the margin are the ones affected by bad weather, but losing the marginal kids is not likely to matter in terms of who makes the podium.
@leoso
This is one reason why it's good they have that "next best 10" rule for qualifying kids into the State Meet. If a region runs in poor weather, the better relays and kids still have a shot at advancing. They may not make the better sections, but they still make it into State. The kids at the margin are the ones affected by bad weather, but losing the marginal kids is not likely to matter in terms of who makes the podium.
05/10/2014 9:39:16 AM
Coach
@leoso I don't ever remember a track meet being cancelled when its 65 degrees and raining. With AP exams during the week, I think region managers and officials are making the right move to proceed in the rain until there is lightning.
@leoso

I don't ever remember a track meet being cancelled when its 65 degrees and raining. With AP exams during the week, I think region managers and officials are making the right move to proceed in the rain until there is lightning.
05/10/2014 9:40:10 AM
User
@professor I get it- but it still sucks
@professor I get it- but it still sucks
05/10/2014 9:48:52 AM
Coach
@leoso I feel your frustration. One year, we ran our Region at UofL, just days after near perfect conditions. On Regional day, the temperature shot from 60s-70s and no wind into the 90s with very gusty wind. Another year, we ran at Henry County. The temperature dropped into the high 40s or so, and we got rain. It sucks.
@leoso
I feel your frustration. One year, we ran our Region at UofL, just days after near perfect conditions. On Regional day, the temperature shot from 60s-70s and no wind into the 90s with very gusty wind. Another year, we ran at Henry County. The temperature dropped into the high 40s or so, and we got rain. It sucks.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.