Region 2 AAA 2012
10/30/2012 12:35:24 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Does anyone know where to find the region course maps? I looked on the [url=http://khsaa.org/sports/fall/cross-country/]KHSAA website[/url] under the Region Meet info section, but the "Compiled Listing of Facility Inspections" is outdated. I am looking for the course map for Region 2 AAA (Hardin County Fair Grounds). Thanks
Does anyone know where to find the region course maps? I looked on the KHSAA website under the Region Meet info section, but the "Compiled Listing of Facility Inspections" is outdated.

I am looking for the course map for Region 2 AAA (Hardin County Fair Grounds).

Thanks
10/30/2012 10:11:55 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachMix @kyfatboy Do either of you have a map?
@CoachMix @kyfatboy

Do either of you have a map?
10/31/2012 8:22:38 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@jscott Good Morning, Coach Mix will send you our other map,but I'm attaching the link to the USATF one for a quick preview. http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=485775 The start and first loop goes the entire periphery and the start of the second loop is a cut thru the center of the large back field with a return to the finish. I'll be out on the course Thursday and Friday afternoons if anyone want's to come by for a preview. Regards, Tim
@jscott

Good Morning,

Coach Mix will send you our other map,but I'm attaching the link to the USATF one for a quick preview.
http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=485775

The start and first loop goes the entire periphery and the start of the second loop is a cut thru the center of the large back field with a return to the finish.

I'll be out on the course Thursday and Friday afternoons if anyone want's to come by for a preview.

Regards,
Tim
10/31/2012 8:50:42 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@jscott I'll send the other map via e-mail as it's a pdf. Regards, Tim
@jscott
I'll send the other map via e-mail as it's a pdf.

Regards,

Tim
11/01/2012 12:11:40 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@kyfatboy Thanks Tim.
@kyfatboy

Thanks Tim.
11/01/2012 2:16:53 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Wow, after reviewing the course map, it looks spectators are limited to the finish line. As I understand it, the yellow area is for spectators and the red X's are for coaches only. This is disappointing. I just don't understand why it has to be like this. [img]http://cache.milesplit.com/user_files/207160/region_2_aaa_map.jpg[/img]
Wow, after reviewing the course map, it looks spectators are limited to the finish line. As I understand it, the yellow area is for spectators and the red X's are for coaches only. This is disappointing. I just don't understand why it has to be like this.

11/01/2012 7:51:35 AM
Coach
@jscott I have to agree, we have run there and it's a nice course for spectators, if they would allow them out. As is, they will only see the kids three times, the start, the beginning of the 2nd lap and the finish. I can kind of see the two x's on the upper right and the x on the lower right for sure but allowing spectators everywhere else should not be an issue, they would not be crossing the course. At the very least they should have a roped off area on the far left to allow viewing.
@jscott

I have to agree, we have run there and it's a nice course for spectators, if they would allow them out. As is, they will only see the kids three times, the start, the beginning of the 2nd lap and the finish.

I can kind of see the two x's on the upper right and the x on the lower right for sure but allowing spectators everywhere else should not be an issue, they would not be crossing the course.

At the very least they should have a roped off area on the far left to allow viewing.
11/01/2012 12:05:35 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
All though the course looks very limited for spectators the top left of the map seems open (2 mile) and they run through there twice. I guess we could alway park along I65 ha
All though the course looks very limited for spectators the top left of the map seems open (2 mile) and they run through there twice. I guess we could alway park along I65 ha
11/01/2012 12:15:35 PM
Coach
@CoachMark This rule is imposed upon us by the State Meet Games Committee. Some regions take the rule seriously and corral spectators into a cubicle, and some regions either ignore the rule or recognize that it's effectively impossible to enforce. E.g., you simply can't enforce the rule at EP Tom Sawyer without roping off the entire 5k course, because it's an open venue. In all honesty, I think the rule is wasted effort and completely unnecessary, and when we host a regional, let's just say that my opinion drives how we address that rule. Other regional hosts may choose to enforce the rule to the strictest extent. I believe, however, that the rule only dictates that a spectator area should exist and that spectators are not to be on the course itself. The rule does not provide any specific dimensions for a spectator's area. I'd have your coaches speak directly with whoever is running the meet if you don't like how the rule is being applied. Most coaches are pretty reasonable when it comes to that type of thing.
@CoachMark
This rule is imposed upon us by the State Meet Games Committee. Some regions take the rule seriously and corral spectators into a cubicle, and some regions either ignore the rule or recognize that it's effectively impossible to enforce. E.g., you simply can't enforce the rule at EP Tom Sawyer without roping off the entire 5k course, because it's an open venue. In all honesty, I think the rule is wasted effort and completely unnecessary, and when we host a regional, let's just say that my opinion drives how we address that rule. Other regional hosts may choose to enforce the rule to the strictest extent. I believe, however, that the rule only dictates that a spectator area should exist and that spectators are not to be on the course itself. The rule does not provide any specific dimensions for a spectator's area. I'd have your coaches speak directly with whoever is running the meet if you don't like how the rule is being applied. Most coaches are pretty reasonable when it comes to that type of thing.
11/02/2012 1:04:08 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@professor Seems this course could be opened up a little more for spectating and still not interfere with the runners. Hopefully the coaches will make a suggestion to do just that. Otherwise, and this is just a guess since I have not been on sight before, we may only get to see the runners for a grand total of 90 seconds. I will have to break out zoom mode on my video camera.
@professor

Seems this course could be opened up a little more for spectating and still not interfere with the runners. Hopefully the coaches will make a suggestion to do just that. Otherwise, and this is just a guess since I have not been on sight before, we may only get to see the runners for a grand total of 90 seconds. I will have to break out zoom mode on my video camera.
11/02/2012 5:28:49 AM
Coach
[quote=jscott]Otherwise, and this is just a guess since I have not been on sight before, we may only get to see the runners for a grand total of 90 seconds. I will have to break out zoom mode on my video camera.[/quote] @jscott You should apply for a media pass on behalf of kytrackxc!
jscott wrote:
Otherwise, and this is just a guess since I have not been on sight before, we may only get to see the runners for a grand total of 90 seconds. I will have to break out zoom mode on my video camera.

@jscott
You should apply for a media pass on behalf of kytrackxc!
11/02/2012 9:11:09 AM
User
@jscott the area in the top left was used for parking, and is not x'ed out. You can probably set up there and get some long shots of runners passing by. One interesting thing is the amount of the course that is hardly accessable - they need marshals every 20 feet in some of those areas to see runners who might go down...or cut corners. They show that as a straight line back along the the woods....it is not straight at all.
@jscott the area in the top left was used for parking, and is not x'ed out. You can probably set up there and get some long shots of runners passing by. One interesting thing is the amount of the course that is hardly accessable - they need marshals every 20 feet in some of those areas to see runners who might go down...or cut corners. They show that as a straight line back along the the woods....it is not straight at all.
11/02/2012 5:22:01 PM
User
Chaley Trail of Grayson county won't be running tomorrow. Due to illness.
Chaley Trail of Grayson county won't be running tomorrow. Due to illness.
11/03/2012 12:58:17 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Great job by Tim and the hosting team, CHHS. This turned out to be a great spectator event. Thanks!
Great job by Tim and the hosting team, CHHS. This turned out to be a great spectator event. Thanks!
11/03/2012 1:11:31 PM
User
Boys' team results: Bowling Green 64; Grayson County 64; North Hardin 66, Central Hardin 80, Greenwood 82, John Hardin 142, Barren County 174, Warren Central 226. Top 5 qualifiers not on those teams: Nick Howell (Greenwood), Keith Prive (Greenwood), Mason Dunbar (Barren), Johannesburg Boulware (John Hardin), Josh Amos (Greenwood). Girls' team results: Bowling Green 15, Barren County 77, Central Hardin 94, North Hardin 95, Greenwood 118, John Hardin 129, Grayson County 175. Top 5 qualifiers not on those teams: Sarah Suggs (Greenwood), Chaley Trail (Grayson), Kaitlyn Arel (John Hardin), Ashley Spiller (Greenwood), Carlie Core (John Hardin). My apologies to Ms. Trail, who I overlooked when I was looking through the results earlier.
Boys' team results: Bowling Green 64; Grayson County 64; North Hardin 66, Central Hardin 80, Greenwood 82, John Hardin 142, Barren County 174, Warren Central 226.

Top 5 qualifiers not on those teams: Nick Howell (Greenwood), Keith Prive (Greenwood), Mason Dunbar (Barren), Johannesburg Boulware (John Hardin), Josh Amos (Greenwood).

Girls' team results: Bowling Green 15, Barren County 77, Central Hardin 94, North Hardin 95, Greenwood 118, John Hardin 129, Grayson County 175.

Top 5 qualifiers not on those teams: Sarah Suggs (Greenwood), Chaley Trail (Grayson), Kaitlyn Arel (John Hardin), Ashley Spiller (Greenwood), Carlie Core (John Hardin).

My apologies to Ms. Trail, who I overlooked when I was looking through the results earlier.
11/03/2012 3:43:03 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=joshclaywell] Top 5 qualifiers not on those teams: Sarah Suggs (Greenwood), Chaley Trail (Grayson), Kaitlyn Arel (John Hardin), Ashley Spiller (Greenwood), Carlie Core (John Hardin).[/quote] @joshclaywell I think there is a correction to the Top 5 qualifiers for girls: Sarah Suggs (Greenwood), Chaley Trail (Grayson), Taylor Jones (Warren Central), Kaitlyn Arel (John Hardin), Ashley Spiller (Greenwood)
joshclaywell wrote:

Top 5 qualifiers not on those teams: Sarah Suggs (Greenwood), Chaley Trail (Grayson), Kaitlyn Arel (John Hardin), Ashley Spiller (Greenwood), Carlie Core (John Hardin).

@joshclaywell

I think there is a correction to the Top 5 qualifiers for girls:
Sarah Suggs (Greenwood), Chaley Trail (Grayson), Taylor Jones (Warren Central), Kaitlyn Arel (John Hardin), Ashley Spiller (Greenwood)
11/03/2012 6:04:31 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@jscott Thanks Jef, I appreciate the comments. It was a great day for racing!!! Your teams did great!! Hope you guys come back to our course in the future. See you at State!!! Regards, Tim
@jscott

Thanks Jef, I appreciate the comments.
It was a great day for racing!!! Your teams did great!!
Hope you guys come back to our course in the future.

See you at State!!!

Regards,

Tim
11/04/2012 10:00:32 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Here are some articles for local papers that I have found from the meet. http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/lady-purples-in-front/article_c96d54f0-2638-11e2-b072-0019bb2963f4.html [url]http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/content/prep-cross-country-both-central-hardin-north-hardin-earn-state-berths-class-3-region-2-meet-[/url]
Here are some articles for local papers that I have found from the meet.

http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/lady-purples-in-front/article_c96d54f0-2638-11e2-b072-0019bb2963f4.html
http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/content/prep-cross-country-both-central-hardin-north-hardin-earn-state-berths-class-3-region-2-meet-

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.