Article Comment: Class A: Thomson 4:10; Courtney 5-09; St. Henry Double Win

• Brian Crumbo
    Coach
    BCrumbo
    Unofficially, I had Thomson's splits at 58-66-66-60 from across the track. Interesting way to run 4:10.

I was impressed with the girl from Model in the 800. She employed the simple tactic of running away and hiding from everybody, going through the 400 in 65.
  • User
    Insider
    shdhsdad
    Congratulations to the St. Henry Boys & Girls teams on a great year, a school first, and maybe a Kentucky first (?)!!! Both the boys and girls teams took the Class A State Cross Country meet, the Class A Indoor title (Mason-Dixon), and the Class A Outdoor Track titles together in the same school year! For the girls, it's the fifth time they have won all three, but for the boys it's the first time (even with a 10-year in a row run of State cross country titles)- and of course the first time the boy & girls teams have done it simultaneously!!! WOW!
  • Mike Horan
    Coach
    Insider
    theMike
    shdhsdad
    Both the boys and girls teams took the Class A State Cross Country meet, the Class A Indoor title (Mason-Dixon), and the Class A Outdoor Track titles together in the same school year!

@shdhsdad

That is an amazing accomplishment and a tribute to great coaching, lots of great athletes, and lots of hard work (and surely a healthy dose of parental and administrative support).

I'd call that a double-triple sweep or #doubleTripleSweep for the kids!
  • Brian Soverns
    Coach
    WKUThrow
    @theMike

It is normally termed a "Triple Crown" when a team pulls off the cross, indoor, outdoor sweep and I believe that is only fitting for the state of KY and it's horseracing roots. So, since both the boys and girls pulled it off, I guess its a Double Triple Crown (sounds like a large burger to me, but that's just the thrower talking).

Congrats to St. Henry on a great accomplishment during the past academic year.