Landon Young from Jessie Clark

• Randall Young
    User
    Insider
    Randallyoung
    Landon has just started throwing last year. He has improved pretty well since he started. Last year as a seventh grader he had a personal best of 129'7" and this year her personal best is 158'11". He has also been throwing the shot put since last year. He his his personal best yesterday evening at the Dunbar Invitational at 45'6". He is working on his spin with his discus and we think he might be able to throw in the 160's as he improves on his spin. In the shot put he has thrown up to 50' in practice with a spin but he feels more comfortable with the glide at the current time.
  • Killian Timoney
    Coach
    Dunbulldogtrack
    @Randallyoung

Kid is a beast. Pure and simple. Been working with Dennis Johnson, the former HS football player of the year, UK d-line, and Arizona Cardinal. Has hit 170+ in practice.

You have a good one there.

Dont worry about the spin too much in the shot. There are world champions every year who glide as well as rotate.
  • User
    HendoDad Edited
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Landon threw two new state records.

Broke Harris Bivens 6 year shot record by three feet with a 50' 9"" throw.

Broke Cameron Renand 4 year record by 38' with a 180' 11'' discus throw.

Appears that this ranks him "second" in the U.S. based off of "Athletic net."

Hope he adapts to highschool weight and continues to break records!!!!!!

Hendodad
  • Randall Young
    User
    Insider
    Randallyoung
    Thank you for your kind words about Landon. He has worked very hard this year and achieved much. He's already started workin with high school implements and seems to be well suited for them. He is headed To Maximum Velocity camp in a couple of weeks and will be throwing only HS implements. I will post how he does.
  • User
    HendoDad
    @Randallyoung

If his birthday is between Jan 1st and August 1st you may want to consider to have him in AAU and USATF this summer. If he is, he can throw his middle school disc and shot. He could easily finish top 3 at nationals.

State qualifer for USATF Kentucky is this weekend.
    AAU two weeks later.
    Regionals in early July
    Nationals late July-early August.

We did them four years and had a blast!!!!!!!!!!

We need supporters like Landon to represent KY at regional and nationals!
  • Randall Young
    User
    Insider
    Randallyoung
    @HendoDad
    Landon could possible throw in a few of these but we will be on vacation in the western US from June 22 till July 4. He would miss the regions. This would prevent him from being able to throw in the national meet.
  • Barry Haworth
    Coach
    Insider
    professor
    If you can get to Louisville on Saturday for the USATF Association meet at Fern Creek, then it sounds like you could make the USATF Regional meet, it's July 7-8.

The Louisville Track Club is helping put on the USATF Association Meet on June 2, so you can access information on the meet at their club website - http://www.louisvilletrackclub.org

There's a link to info on the USATF Regional Meet at the LTC website as well, but here's a direct link to that info: http://sites.google.com/site/usatfregion5

Louisville Track Club

The Louisville Track and Field Club is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing both competitive and training opportunities to youth in the greater Louisville area. Athletes of all ages and experience levels are welcome.

• Randall Young
    User
    Insider
    Randallyoung
    @professor

I went online and got him a membership for the USATF. It say we have to send in his birth certificate by mail to the KY Association. It will be too late to get this mailed to Frankfort by tomorrow. Do you know of any fax numbers or email addresses we can sent this to?

Thanks,

Randall Young
  • Randall Young
    User
    Insider
    Randallyoung
    @HendoDad

His birthday is 8-21-97. I went ahead in got him signed up for USATF. They have a 96-97 class for competition. Do they throw the 1.6KG discus and 12# shot or will he still throw the 1KG discus and the 8# shot?

I am going to go ahead and get him signed up for the meet Saturday.

Thanks,

Randall Young
  • Randall Young
    User
    Insider
    Randallyoung
    @WKUThrow
    I just spoke with Linda Sarrett and she said he will be able to compete in the Intermediate this year and likely next year and will be in the young category his Sophmore, Junior and Senior year.

Thank you for your help!

Randall
  • Randall Young
    User
    Insider
    Randallyoung
    @HendoDad
    I got in touch with Linda Sarrett and she said we will be able to get him in the meet. He will have to throw the high school impliments due to his birthdate. He has been training some with these this year though and should be able to do OK. It will be a good test for him.
  • User
    HendoDad Edited
    @Randallyoung

Great news to hear.
    Glad you have spoken to Linda Sarrett. She is a "gem". She is great to deal with!!!!!!!

I never had like this blimp for the boy throwers in Landon's group. The age brackets are fine but seems that as you come out of 8th grade, you should still be able to throw the youth weights that summer. Then switch to highschool weights when you get into highschool.

Anyway, Landon should just relax and enjoy the state association meet Saturday. It will be laid back like college meets. Hendothrower should be there in the 20-29 age group. Look him up!
  • Barry Haworth
    Coach
    Insider
    professor
    HendoDad
    Glad you have spoken to Linda Sarrett. She is a "gem". She is great to deal with!!!!!!!

@HendoDad
    Yeah, but she roots for that blue college basketball team, so she's obviously not perfect.
  • User
    HendoDad
    professor
    HendoDadGlad you have spoken to Linda Sarrett. She is a "gem". She is great to deal with!!!!!!!

@HendoDad
    Yeah, but she roots for that blue college basketball team, so she's obviously not perfect.

@professor

Darn, that bust my bubble

Just maybe a (cough) UK fan on the outside, but really a UofL fan, deep down?