KYtrackXC.com will be on-site live at the Trinity/Valkyrie Invitational this Saturday. Check back for updates, splits, news, and results directly from the meet.
2011-09-16 at Tom Sawyer State Park in Louisville, KY
- Big disappointment that the top 5 girls only got medals while the top 5 boys in each division recieved trophys. A little inequality at play ther I'd say.
If I had to guess this has to do with the different host schools for the boys and girls races. The boys stuff is hosted bt Trinity and the girls by Sacred Heart. I will ask Trinity's coach later on.
- At Tom Sawyer Park and there are cars everywhere trying to get in. There is a slight chill in the air.
- Boys Open Race is starting to line up.
- Boys JV is off
First split 800 meters 2:23
- Mile is really far out here so the first split will be tough.
- Carmel had top 8 at least through 1.5. Two mile split 10:28.
- Here comes the leaders with 200 to go.
- Carmel rolled with crushing the field. Winner was at 1622.
- Top times
- Going to try something different for the girls JV race. I am going to ride in the lead vehicle.
- Girls JV is off
400 meters in. SHA leads 248 800 split.
- 246 girls in this race, 243 in the boys open.
- Sha girl (assume Maggie Allen) is up 15 seconds coming into the mile. 554 at the mile.
- Big pack in 2nd back 10 seconds of the leader at 813
- BTW this is the bumpiest ride I have ever taken in my life.
- Boys leaders came the curve at 802, she was 927. Not bad.
- She is up 15 seconds at the 1.75 mark.
- Two mile 12:14. It is Maggie Allen from the crowd's chants. She is gaining on the lead vehicle and the second pack.
- 15:15 through 4K. Lead vehicle is predicting 19:30
- Maggie Allen wons and then a whole ton of Carmel girls. Sha had another girl in the top 6 as well. Assumption had a bunch up there as well.
- Varsity Boys time.
- In the back of the lead vehicle with Tretez. Tre offers a hello world to everyone out there
- 800 in 213 leads it is Carmel and ita huge line of everyone behind. He is up 3 or 4 sdeconds on Thomson and Burcham.