Entries are posted above and will continue to be updated leading up to the meet. We will try to highlight the athletes of interest going into the weekend as we hope for good weather. Plenty to get excited for as we are now a month away from this year's state track and field championships!
- Here is a link to the Friday night preview and the other two previews for Saturday's field and running events are now posted to the homepage. We hope to see you out there this weekend!
- I am here live at Cardinal Park. Beautiful day so far and with a slight breeze, it will definitely cool off a bit as the night goes on. Plenty of entries in the open events might keep this going for a bit before it's done. I will be trying to get video for both the steeplechase events and the girls DMR, but that will likely be it for tonight. Tomorrow, we will be looking to get plenty more.
Live results are at the above link and we've had plenty of action so far. Megan Klein repeats in the steeplechase, but mentioned that she has not been 100% recently, so we hope for the best with her getting healthy.
Will Short of DuPont Manual took the boys steeplechase, running away from Butler's Timmy Ganschow to claim a solid victory.
Girls DMR is up next!
- Friday Night Results are up
- Live Coverage Center for the Eastern Relays
- I have four videos in the process of loading up and should be ready by tomorrow morning. Both steeplechase races, the Girls DMR, and an interview with the McAuley girls after winning the DMR title.
- At the Eastern Relays and the running evants are about to start. The field events are going strong and the ladies 4x8 just started.
- For some season McCauley is in the slower heat and their opening leg was 2:19.
- That was the fast heat after all. McCauley fell back on the 3rd leg and was passed by another Ohio school Hillard Davidson. Hillard pulls the win with a 9:46. Oldham County was a 10:06 for second. McCauley was 10:06 as well with Manual at 10:07.
- Lasalle leads up the 3rd leg start. North Hardin follows.
- LaSalle 7:56
North Hardin 8:06
St. X 8:10
- Boys 4 x 8 Splits
1:56, 2:02, 1:56, 2:01
1:59 (Gregory), 2:04, 2:04, 1:55 (Tretez)
1:54 (Stewart), 2:07, 2:01, 2:04
2:01, 2:07, 2:00, 2:01
2:00, 2:05, 2:01, 2:04
- Girls 100 Hurdles
Brianne Brown 16.01 North Oldham
Dominique Edmonds 16.67 Male
- Boys HJ is at 6+04
Donovan Halsel is still in, 2 from Male and a kid from Roger Bacon just missed their 3rd attemot.
- The girls hurdles had the heats all mixed up with the top kids. Jessica Crabtree won the last heat with a 16.4 so I don't know the top finishers for sure.
Boys 110 1st heat just ran and it was won by Jeff Huntley from Ryle.
- Girls 100
Pipkin 12.46 to Edwards 12.47. Adair was 3rd 12.66
- Boys HJ down to Halsel and Tyler Bray at 6-08. Halsel is smooth and Bray is explosive, different styles.
- 1st heat of the boys 100 Dash
Cummings false start
Quick wins 11.21 over Wales 11.26
William Kannamore with the overall top time 11.13. Ronjae Morris 11.20 for second overall.
- Withrow 4x2 1:42
Tates Creek 1:45
- Ballard 1:29.1
Bryan Station 1:30.34
- Girls PV has 3 left.
Apollo's Wiebart is going for 9-06, girl from Floyd Central IN has cleared 9-06.
Zimlich of Ballard is entering the competition at 10-00.
- Girls 1600 on the track.
Brink leads the field along with Eason and a couple tops girls from Ohio.
- Brink 69 with Eason and McCauley
Half way 2:30 split, Brink took back the lead. She surged at the 1000 mark, McCauley went with her.
1200 mark 3:42 Brink and McCauley.
300 to go Brink is pulling away.
- Brink 4:54