Any word on mason co getting indoor track resurfaced???

• Jonathan Grooms
    Site Admin
    KYXCCoach
    It has not been done yet, but they are starting it very soon. Coach Kachler talked about the project on Friday night at the KTCCCA meeting. It is going to be great for the northern Kentucky, southern Ohio winter track season.
  • Coach
    Insider
    mkachler
    The tenative construction schedule has a begin date for the project in early December. If all goes as scheduled the facility will be ready before January 1, 2008. All meets will be scheduled by the KTCCCA. I would expect those dates to be published as soon as we can be assured of a completion date. The long jump pit will be recessed into the floor. The entire interior surface will be rubberized. We feel it will serve a large area of Kentucky. Last year we had teams as far away as Louisville, Paintsville, and Rockcastle Co. With a good surface, we think it will justify the travel to the facility. We will not be able to handle pole vault but we will have all other indoor events.
  • User
    kyrunna
    what gets me ifa smaller county like mason can get something going like this why cant jefferson,oldham or some of the bigger counties follow suite
  • Network Admin
    Insider
    steeplecoach
    kyrunna
    what gets me ifa smaller county like mason can get something going like this why cant jefferson,oldham or some of the bigger counties follow suite

they are more worried about funding things like english and spelling........

Most places don't have an indoor facility because they can't afford it or it isn't something that can gain enough support to get built. Maybe if there was more of a feeling that general fitness and training was possible in such a facility, then there might be more interest. #1 reason, though, is funding.